Thread: Aversaria and Sarradon in 1254 IS - Aversarian Empire in Interregnum

Map Aversaria and Sarradon in 1254 IS - Aversarian Empire in Interregnum

A cartographic view of Aversaria as of the year of the Empire 1254 IS

Banners at the upper pane of the map shows the standard of the Empire on the left and and the coat of arms of the Emperor in the upper right. Signature not currently flown since the death of Anaxaminios III. Standard still flown by family of the late Axiothea of Galanos, despite violation of Imperial heraldry law as the Geratamos (Blood Senate) of Axiothea was in contention upon her death.

Illuminations on the upper right shows an Aversarian Legionnaire standing opposite a band of Sjalvolki barbarians in Imperial style

To the bottom and left is an illustration of an Aversarian Magi directing a duo of slaves of inferior blood. As the Sjalvolki, the slaves are drawn in the Imperial traditional style for lesser-blooded beings such as barbarians.

To the bottom and right is an image of Axiothea of Galanos killing Legon Alphioxis the Elder, close companion and Master of Liveries to Aautokratir-Legon Aeschraes at the Stellarnar Field during the late stages of the Imperial Wars, approximately two years before 'Frodbrokna' and the death of Axiothea.

(At the bottom)

"This seal certifies this map as craftwork of the Cartographers Union.

This map shows Aversaria as of 1254 IS, with waylines of the northern and eastern variety finely detailed here, along with illustrations of historical value."
    Hey y'all! First map I'm posting here in a long while. It's a project for an unannounced game, the project being called Godherja: The Dying World. I don't want to use this forum just as a form of advertisement, so I'll post a link to the reddit post that has links to all of our media and so on here: https://www.reddit.com/r/godherja/co...is_aversarian/

And a link to our lore document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I hope you enjoyed! This map took me around 60 hours total and is the first I have hand drawn (digitally) completely (traditionally I draw my maps but I've never drawn terrain or created brushes, much less illustrations) as I'm not at all an artist. I'm fairly happy with the result though.

Nice work, but where are the labels?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Beautiful map ! I love the style : ancient-revisited...
    I love especially the view of the city, and the medieval illustrations !

Thank you both for the kind words I was afraid I'd done something wrong when nobody commented on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice work, but where are the labels?
    I decided to go without the labels for this one, I ended up liking the style of the map without them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Beautiful map ! I love the style : ancient-revisited...
    I love especially the view of the city, and the medieval illustrations !
    They ended up being my favorite part too. I've never done illustrations on a map before and am not much of an artist so they ended up being 3/4ths of the time to make the map, but I think they help make it pop.