Thread: CC3+: How do I cut the map beyond map borders?

Default CC3+: How do I cut the map beyond map borders?

Hello everyone,

I've been studying this forum for a while and I've always been enable to solve my problems with various threads but this time I need help.
    I nearly completed my first map with DD3 (+SS4) but there is one thing that is bothering me. I put some big trees at the edges of the map that only part of them are visible on the map. Or so I thought.
    Actually DD3 expands the size of the map to include the whole symbol beyond the actual map border. This problem consists when exporting to PNG (see images).
    How can I fix this? Is there a way to cut everything that's beyond the map frame?

Thank you in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zum Gläsernen Dolch.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	102717   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC3_Cutting_Edges.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	102718  

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Hi Thezmar, and welcome to the guild.

When you want to cut off the extra bits hanging off of the border of your map you need to do this:

Go to the file menu and click the "Save As" option. This will open up the Save As window.

In the Save As window, choose where you want CC3+ to save your file to.

Next, choose a file name for the file.

Next, choose what type of file you want CC3+ to change your map into.

Next, go to the bottom right of the Save As screen and press options.

Next, put a check mark in the box named "Crop image to aspect ratio"

Next, put a check mark in the box named "Restrict image to map border"

Now press the ok button

Now you can save your map and the outside items should not appear outside the border.

Hope this helped.

This worked perfectly fine! Thank you so much.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

That's great to hear. I'm glad it helped

Guild Journeyer

Great map btw.

A little off topic, but this map was created with CC3? I'm seriously starting to reconsider not buying this program...

Yes it is a lovely map isn't it.

As with all apps - PS, GIMP, Krita, CC3+... all of them - the map is always a product of how well the mapper understands his or her tools, and how to apply them to best effect.

Some people find CC3+ wonderful and fall in love with it, while others don't. But isn't that true of all the possible apps that might be used to create a map?

As far as I am aware there is and always has been a return option on CC3+. If you buy it and just can't get on with it you can ask for a refund within the first 14 days

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Yes it is a lovely map isn't it.

As with all apps - PS, GIMP, Krita, CC3+... all of them - the map is always a product of how well the mapper understands his or her tools, and how to apply them to best effect.

Some people find CC3+ wonderful and fall in love with it, while others don't. But isn't that true of all the possible apps that might be used to create a map?

As far as I am aware there is and always has been a return option on CC3+. If you buy it and just can't get on with it you can ask for a refund within the first 14 days
    Thank you for that bit of info! I did not realize they had a return policy. I figured once you bought it you'd be stuck. And yes you ar completely right of course, I have been using photoshop the majority of my life but I have no drawing skills, haha.