Thread: Quickie World Map

Blog Entries

Map Quickie World Map

This is just a quick and intentionally vague world map. The setting is sort of post-apocalyptic so the surviving people don't know much about the world. The concept started based on idea I had with this map here.

I don't plan on altering this map much at this point. I just needed to have a general reference. The setting is focused around the "Green Zone" on the map. Comments and feedback are always welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World_Map_005.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	90599

This looks like a really interesting setting, reminds me of Mad Max. My only question is: okay, so I get why the Burning Wastes, Poison Sea, Forbidden Zone, and Sand Sea would be untraversable and thus limit the people of the Green Zone's knowledge of the Forgotten Lands and the Forsaken Lands, but why are the southern continents "Unknown?" Is the South Ocean also uncrossable? If the South Ocean is normal or almost normal, then I'd expect at least someone from the Green Zone to travel across it to the southern continents or even the Forgotten Lands, thus bypassing all the obstacles that you so carefully put in their way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EpicBradley129 View Post
    This looks like a really interesting setting, reminds me of Mad Max. My only question is: okay, so I get why the Burning Wastes, Poison Sea, Forbidden Zone, and Sand Sea would be untraversable and thus limit the people of the Green Zone's knowledge of the Forgotten Lands and the Forsaken Lands, but why are the southern continents "Unknown?" Is the South Ocean also uncrossable? If the South Ocean is normal or almost normal, then I'd expect at least someone from the Green Zone to travel across it to the southern continents or even the Forgotten Lands, thus bypassing all the obstacles that you so carefully put in their way.
    LOL, we'll go with mutant sea monsters for now