Thread: Campaign Map

Wip Campaign Map

Hello all, This is a continent map I've been working on for a Pathfinder Campaign I'm going to be running. I would love some general feedback, its my first map so any thoughts would be great.
    This is the whole continent.
    continent WIP LQ.png
    This is the first region the player will be in.
    Territory1 LQ.png

I would love some suggestions on what to do with the trees outside of the first region, as I want there to be some delineation between the first territory (which is more explored) and the outer less mapped regions.
    I did everything in Gimp with these brushes https://starraven.deviantart.com/art...shes-198264358 for the terrain

Guild Apprentice

One thing I notice is that you have rivers that split on their way to the ocean. Rivers try and reach the ocean along the most efficient path so if it split, one of the paths would dry out. It's a pretty common mistake that a lot of first time map-makers make (myself included)

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by C_Splash View Post
    One thing I notice is that you have rivers that split on their way to the ocean. Rivers try and reach the ocean along the most efficient path so if it split, one of the paths would dry out. It's a pretty common mistake that a lot of first time map-makers make (myself included)
    The only place where they *might* split, is at the very end, to form a river delta system.

Sent using Tapatalk.