Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windune

Default Windune

Hey everyone!

Here's a commission that I actually finished a while ago, but hadn't had the time to share here yet. I don't know a lot of details about this world, so I can't write down any lore or anything. Still, I really enjoyed working on this piece. I had almost complete creative freedom with this one so I got to do some experimenting and playing around and in the end got paid for it too!

Anyway, I'd love to hear you thoughts!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windune Final small.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	114677

Lovely, as always! The rune overlays are really cool—were those a client request or part of your experimentation?

As always I really like the soothing color palette. Your linework is top-notch as well. The glyph rings, or whatever they are called were a nice touch. Beautiful work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Definitely a good one, Dan ! I'm totally with J. : many good things there, and a splendid compilation of your style

Question Beautiful work

This is excellent work. Well done.

I'm just starting out with map making. Do you know, off the top of your head, the 3 most influential guides/tutorials that clarified for you how to draw your maps with such clarity and quality? If not, that is cool. I'm just asking incase you are super aware that *Joe Bloggs Awesome Map Tutorial* was amazing, or some such.

Thanks for the help, and well done again for such an amazing piece of work.

I already commented on how much I loved this on FB, but it bears repeating here! I'm still in love with those rune and circle decorations on the ocean. You always do great work, but this is my fave of your regional maps in a long time. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by prfect23 View Post

I'm just starting out with map making. Do you know, off the top of your head, the 3 most influential guides/tutorials that clarified for you how to draw your maps with such clarity and quality? If not, that is cool. I'm just asking incase you are super aware that *Joe Bloggs Awesome Map Tutorial* was amazing, or some such.

I can't speak for Dan's earlier influences, but you might be interested to know that he himself has created a four-part Skillshare class on how to make maps! Check it out if you are interested
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardInk View Post
    Lovely, as always! The rune overlays are really cool—were those a client request or part of your experimentation?
    Thanks! Jessica! That was a personal idea. I'm happy to hear it turned out alright.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    As always I really like the soothing color palette. Your linework is top-notch as well. The glyph rings, or whatever they are called were a nice touch. Beautiful work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Tad!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Nice work Dan
    Lots of good elements in this one.
    Thank you John!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Definitely a good one, Dan ! I'm totally with J. : many good things there, and a splendid compilation of your style
    Thanks Misty!

Quote Originally Posted by prfect23 View Post

The Saderan tutorial by Tear helped a ton to get to understand different features of Photoshop, as well as Jezelf's tutorial. But there's tons of others too, and I recommend browsing through the tutorial section of the guild. I believe it helps to try out many different things, even if it's not necessarily what you're looking for. Each tutorial will learn you new techniques and tools, and after a while you'll have learned a dozen different ways to achieve something. With all that knowledge you're free to develop your own style, without being limited by the software you're using.

And, as Kellerica pointed out, I do indeed have a four-part Skillshare class in which I go over my entire process of drawing maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I already commented on how much I loved this on FB, but it bears repeating here! I'm still in love with those rune and circle decorations on the ocean. You always do great work, but this is my fave of your regional maps in a long time. Love it!

I can't speak for Dan's earlier influences, but you might be interested to know that he himself has created a four-part Skillshare class on how to make maps! Check it out if you are interested
    Thank you Kell! So the Archipelago of Ashes is now longer your favourite of mine?

And thanks for advertising my Skillshare classes! I would have completely forgotten to do that here Thanks!

Another very fine map, Daniël! You have a particular talent for waters and colors.

I really love the simple terrain description, the discreet yet efficient color palette and the atmospheric embellishments. Great job with a well mastered style

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast