Thread: Stone and Scale

Map Stone and Scale

I saw this in a dream the other night. I saw only parts of it but naturally knew what it looked like.

Pigma pens and watercolor on mixed media paper.

stoneandscales.jpg

My boyfriend finds the title creepy as hell, reminds him of "Menetekel"
    Last edited by Levtrona; 03-07-2020 at 02:59 AM.

Interesting! To me, it feels very peaceful and sacred.

Are the red ovals on the right a zen-stone-garden type thing? (or maybe dragon scales, given the title?) I'm not ture what the two connected brown boxes in the upper right are meant to be?

Beautiful penmanship. Glad I'm not the only one occasionally mapping their dreams
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

The effect is quite dreamy, I really enjoy the look of it! Nice job.

I dream of places a lot, they are usually rather boring. I think there is yet another member dreaming maps, but maybe that was you kellerica.

LindaJeanne, the red things are stones. A big one with a symbol top left. The "two boxes" connected to each other is a scale, like a seesaw to weigh the stones, it seems. bottom left is a study. Tricky to explain what i dont understand myself.

It just urged out out of my mind, hope there is no shrink around analyzing.

Thx for your feedback, i might get back to it and "translate" it into a more detailled map which tells a story.

So mysterious! It looks like an evil wizard might use this place for ill-minded purposes, but in the meantime Linda is right, it looks peaceful. ^^
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Levtrona View Post
    I dream of places a lot, they are usually rather boring. I think there is yet another member dreaming maps, but maybe that was you kellerica.

It just urged out out of my mind, hope there is no shrink around analyzing.
    I dunno about Kell but I dream of places, and I know exactly what you mean about how they creep back out in the waking world without really requiring thought or pondering so long as you don't think too hard!

I look at the art and I can hear it. I've dreamed in that palette before, with those loose shale bricks that clatter a tiny bit as you step over them, dislodging and adjusting. It's a very evocative simple image.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I dunno about Kell but I dream of places, and I know exactly what you mean about how they creep back out in the waking world without really requiring thought or pondering so long as you don't think too hard!

I look at the art and I can hear it. I've dreamed in that palette before, with those loose shale bricks that clatter a tiny bit as you step over them, dislodging and adjusting. It's a very evocative simple image.
    Poetic, Tiana.

Isnt dreaming just for (re)mapping your mind and sorting things into place? So i guess i am a rather simple minded dreamer