Thread: LANDS OF MARGONIA [Finished regional]

Map LANDS OF MARGONIA [Finished regional]

Hi friends.

I just finished this map, it has no special lore or history behind, Its just a exercise trying to improve my style. But while I was working on it I grew fond of its soft coasts, its clear mountains, and its meandering rivers. I think it could be a great place to build a story. I would love to hear your proposals for the lore or tips to improve. Thanks in advance.

What would you add or what would you change?

Margonia-map-4961x3508-100.jpg
    Last edited by Bereloth; 07-09-2020 at 04:19 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really nice! I like the colors and the way the mountains and forests look. The marshy area in the top right is also really well portrayed. The only thing I would possibly change are the country/state borders (the red dots). To me it would make more sense for them to follow some of the more 'concrete' features like the rivers or mountain ranges a little more closely. While this would not always be the case, it would make more sense than a random line because the people of the world would have a more physical boundary to measure the border on. Just my two cents though! The map really does look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really nice! I like the colors and the way the mountains and forests look. The marshy area in the top right is also really well portrayed. The only thing I would possibly change are the country/state borders (the red dots). To me it would make more sense for them to follow some of the more 'concrete' features like the rivers or mountain ranges a little more closely. While this would not always be the case, it would make more sense than a random line because the people of the world would have a more physical boundary to measure the border on. Just my two cents though! The map really does look good.
    Thank you very much, I highly appreciate the constructive criticism. You are right, I usually make the borders at the end when I am tired, they deserve that I pay a little more attention and detail. I'll keep that in mind for the next map.