Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I ate'nt dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I ate'nt dead

Hello everyone!

I've been hiding under a rock for the last year or so and haven't been around here much. I crawled out a couple of months back and started mapping again. I've made a couple of maps over the last few weeks but thought I'd drop by to post my latest effort and see how everyone's doing?

I made this map, well, basically because I liked the font. I came across it on DaFont (it's called Mousemoon) and, although it's probably not a typical labelling font, it just appealed to me and I thought I could use it. I decided to go with ridiculously huge labels. I mean, if you're going to make a map inspired by a font, you've really got to go all in, right? I think (hope!) it works well with this style of map. I've completely given up on hand-drawing maps. It just leads to frustration. So this was made in Inkscape with a grungy layer added in Gimp at the very end just to add a teeny bit of texture. I like Inkscape for mapping because it has clones and I am lazy.

Hoping to be around a bit more in future!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	136224
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hi, Chickpea! I'm glad you're not dead!

That is a charming little map. The font gives off wintery vibes.

The font fits the playful style of the map well.Glad to see you back to mapping!

Great to see you back ChickPea. I like the map, the style is nice and simple but also bold and striking and it does match that font very well.

Personally, I've found that digital mapping is an exercise in frustration compared to hand drawing when I've given it a go but that's really down to personal preference. When I was first getting into mapping (or getting back into it really) it was a nice change from spending all day on a computer back when I was a software engineer which was one of the things that appealed to me about it.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Blog Entries

Yes, nice to see you around once again. And I agree that the font there is very interesting. Its sort of neat and wild at the same time.

Hey, stranger! No nice to see you posting again! Welcome back!

And a lovely map too. I really like the font, I see why you wanted to use it.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks for comments everyone, much appreciated! I'm glad you like the map (and the font too!)

Hey! Good to see you back, ChickPea ! Once again, I quite like the efficient style and the original palette (yeah, purple!).
    And the font works well with your map. Not sure it could be used on a map full of labels, though.

Hey Ilanthar!

Yeah, I deliberately added only a few settlements so that I could use extra large labels, but I think it worked OK with the geography of this map.

You can never have too much purple in your life...!

Welcome back, and with a great little map too, ChickPea!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast