23 60.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** September 2016 VOTING: Choose a Color Palette ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** September 2016 VOTING: Choose a Color Palette ***

For the third month in a row, a fantastic turnout! Nice job, folks. The challenge this time around was to take a limited color palette and create a map in any style, on any topic. There were an incredible range of styles and topic, and voting is going to be tough once again.

Here's the entries:

SEPTEMBER ENTRIES

Vote for as many as you want, and remember to spread the rep generously. Voting ends Monday evening.

*Note: There are 15 entries, but only 14 thumbnail pics because someone forgot to insert the 'Latest WIP' tag or inserted it incorrectly.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I swear every month the voting gets tougher.

Thank you Neyjour for such a great challenge suggestion. Everyone's results are so wonderfully creative and diverse!

How is anyone supposed to vote between such different styles and qualities?

It took me over an hour just to narrow it down to half the entries!

@ Neyjour - what a beautiful idea. Thank you so much for this Challenge

This is the first time i will be voting here. The "vote for as many as you want" part confuses me. Is it possible to vote everything (i dont see sense in that though). I would like to vote for 3 maps. It will count as one vote per map, but in my mind it will be like usuall 1st, 2nd and 3rd place kinda system. Because i have to narrow it down. Can i do that ?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    This is the first time i will be voting here. The "vote for as many as you want" part confuses me. Is it possible to vote everything (i dont see sense in that though). I would like to vote for 3 maps. It will count as one vote per map, but in my mind it will be like usuall 1st, 2nd and 3rd place kinda system. Because i have to narrow it down. Can i do that ?
    Yes, you can literally vote for all of them if you want to though as you said, that is pointless. I tend to vote for two or three, but if there's a particularly standout piece, perhaps just the one. All your votes carry equal weighting so the 1st, 2nd, 3rd business doesn't work really, so you'll just have to decide whether one is definitely more deserving than the others or spread the vote.

Don't forget you can always rep the ones you think deserve it too and give comments there.

I was thinking of giving 3 votes, but i will do only one. I am giving my vote for Cladonia cristatella, by Chashio. This one is just mesmerizing. It reminds me of those beautiful watercolor paintings. Sorry guys, this one is by far the best for me in this contest, that is why i dont want to put any more votes. But i will Rep some other of you. I still like 4 other maps and i would love to see those very high in last ranking. Whish you all best!

Guild Expert

This was so hard to decide who to vote for, there's so many deserving maps here. I looked at them for over an hour last night before finally settling on just one. Good job every one!

Honestly, any one of the finished maps here deserves a vote. After checking pretty much every box I went back and edited it down to four. Seriously these competitions are getting super tough. I stuck with Mouses map because the colours and the map put to it just work so well and is just so lovely. It reminds me of a sunset. Carbus' map got a vote because it also just works with the colours, and I love that ice choked waterway there, so full of atmosphere. Chickpea's hamlet won me over with the super fine roof and paving textures.

I also wanted to vote for jslaw's map with it's block textures defining terrain in such a good and clever manner. Chasio's perspective map is brilliant. GLS's tower is great except I don't think the palette works for it and wish I could see more of those rooms. Kacey's terrain map and the labels and icons are just exquisite, but feels sparse for some reason. Diamond's map is brilliant, the size of the town icon's was slightly too big compared to the other iconography. I think waldronate's map used the colours excellently and was also one of my favorites, but the coast transition didn't work for me. Seriously though I'd have been happy voting for anyone of these maps, with competition this tough though it really comes down to the slightest of things, not mistakes, but just things that might have potentially been very slightly better. Congrats to everyone who participated.

I had to cast my vote for Chashio's map. I think it has the best use of the color palette in the map, and the maps has a wonderful painterly style to go with the unusual perspective.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

As always absolute stunning entries ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast