Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for highly structured & symmetrical lawful evil city

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for highly structured & symmetrical lawful evil city

Hello,

I'm creating a city that is ruled by devil worshippers. I want to stress structure and order.

I'm asking if anyone is aware of a map - background and description text useful but not required - of a city that has a highly structured and symmetrical layout to an anally retentive extreme. I'm aware of several evil-ish cities (Pathfinder setting, Invincible Overlord, etc) but they all pretty much have an "organic" layout.

Thanks.

anally retentive extreme.
    In the sense of constipated? As is a lot of congestion?

Not exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    In the sense of constipated? As is a lot of congestion?
    I think the intended meaning is simply 'structured, organized and symmetrical to excess', in that the city's layout was presumably pre-planned and laid out precisely, and then kept that way as it was constructed and/or grew, for sheer ideological reasons rather than for any practical concerns (and indeed, possibly even kept symmetrical and organized in layout even in defiance of practical concerns).

Quote Originally Posted by AzureWings View Post
    I think the intended meaning is simply 'structured, organized and symmetrical to excess', in that the city's layout was presumably pre-planned and laid out precisely, and then kept that way as it was constructed and/or grew, for sheer ideological reasons rather than for any practical concerns (and indeed, possibly even kept symmetrical and organized in layout even in defiance of practical concerns).
    Yes. I figured he was just being snarky

Quote Originally Posted by AzureWings View Post
    Well that is a very strange way to say it. I googled the expression and could not find the exact meaning of it except at one place were someone said it was crude language.

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Well that is a very strange way to say it. I googled the expression and could not find the exact meaning of it except at one place were someone said it was crude language.
    The anal retentive personality is characterized by the tendency to cope with conflicts later in life by demonstrating an extreme sense of cleanliness and orderliness.

There's this one that's pretty symmetric.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    There's this one that's pretty symmetric.
    Thanks. That one fairly good.

Does Brasília count? https://binged.it/2pxrH5V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast