Thread: Lands of Qaliste [stage1]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Lands of Qaliste [stage1]

I've been working on this one over the holiday. It started life a long time ago as a sketch and sat there for a number of years.
    I fiddled with it a bit over some years but didn't really do much. Then the other week I bought some new fonts and wanted to play with them.
    So I made some quick thing with that old map and put some sample text over it.
    The thing was, my sample text was saying something about making your map something special... and well, the map I was using wasn't really.
    So I set out to make it special. Then it got out of hand and this is what it turned into.

I want to take this further and try to make a campaign out of it and do some map sets to go with it.
    Time will tell how that plays out. In an ironic twist, I'm going to start a wip thread after posting this.
    It would mainly be to show some other directions I went and some things I might do further to this - hence the Stage 1 title.
    I want to try something more interesting for a border but had to move on atm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lands of Qaliste [stage1] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	642 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	78601
    Cheers, J.

edit - now there's a post-wip thread and an antique Qaliste version.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 01-03-2016 at 01:56 PM.