Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
This bit is true. An inkjet, dye sub, laser or dot matrix printer will need to print a coloured dot followed by a space followed by a dot again to produce lines so two dots per one line.

This is not so true. Those same kinds of printers will rasterize the lines as part of the printer driver. Only pen plotters and other very specialized hardware will not have to rasterize a vector image to draw it. As such for almost everyones case on this forum, every image will eventually become rasterized.

The advantage to vector art is that it is rasterized at the final device stage and not earlier. But if you run with a resolution that is higher than the expected printing stage then there is not much reason to say that one is better than the other. If you dont know what size image and what device your going to use to print it, or show it, then there is advantage to vector art by not fixing its resolution too early. But then there are other advantages to rasterized images too.
You seem to know alot about pixels and rgb but vector graphics are printed using postscript in a postscript printer (ctp for example). Check it up

Note: most desktop printers are not postscript printers but emulates rhis (i bet you could understand the technical bits more than i could as i not a programmer).