Howdy Do,

Recently finished up a map I've been working on (following the Saderan Tutorial), gotten it to where I'm more or less happy with it and now I've reached the point of doing the political borders, adding all the roads, city/town markers, place names, etc. Unfortunately the tutorial I used to get this far doesn't cover that end of things whatsoever.

I've tried looking at a few other tutorials I could find that covered the topic, but the instructions in those all involve interacting with the various layers and such those tutorials walked you through creating, which of course my file doesn't have since I made it following a totally different tutorial.

What I'm looking for is a good way (or a link to a tutorial specifically about this, if I overlooked one somehow) to make the different coloured political borders that doesn't just look like I drunkenly dragged a magic marker around the world in the vague shape of countries. The map has a variety of biomes using different colours/textures, so I'm also looking for a good way to do the labels and markers that makes things readable regardless of the biome it's on top of.

I'll try to attach a shrunk down jpeg of the map as it is so far, if you need an idea of what I'm working with. Any assistance is appreciated! I can follow a tutorial well enough, but when it comes to trying to figure out Photoshop on my own it's like walking into a brick wall over and over, lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Khaeros v4.2 Complete - Needs Labels.jpg 
Views:	698 
Size:	6.32 MB 
ID:	84260