While I may put a starscape behind it, I'm thinking this will be the logo I'll be using on my Kaidan Starfinder setting books. It's using the symbols I used on the Taira no Kiyomori battlestarship, the Taira House crest surrounded by the burning wheel halo symbol behind the heads of Buddhist deities, then Kaidan and descriptor in jade. It meets the style I'm trying to present.

I had images of the samurai crest for house Taira, and recently purchased a Japanese illustrator's portfolio as a book, that had a section on Buddhist beings of power. I scanned and imported the images to Xara Designer Pro, the vector program I use for all my maps. I hand-traced all the symbols into vector, then exported the files to AI format. Wings 3D, the subdivisional surface modeling software, I use for most of my 3D models, let's me import AI files and convert to one way extruded 3D models. Once in 3D format, I export to OBJ format, which I can import into Vue Creator, apply the textures, lighting and render the scene to this result.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaidan-logo.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	337.0 KB 
ID:	114536