Hi all. I started creating a new continent for my world using VP Planet Generator (link) to generate a heightmap so I can tweak it on Wilbur. Said heightmap has the basic information. The end result before Wilbur is something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1323434.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	116030

(I am aware that there are some straight lines and stuff, that's because I edited it a little bit on Photoshop. It is not important at the moment)

My workflow is more or less: import the heightmap, specify a span, select low altitude terrain, do precipitation erosion-> incise flow -> precipitation erosion as many times as needed (fill basins in every step), and then move on to the higher altitudes and do the same, tweaking some settings. This way, I can control how I want the different terrain areas to be. Then I play with settings and, lastly, I resample to a higher resolution.

The thing is, I have noticed that this method messes up my rivers: because of the multiple iterations of the erosion algorithms and the selections, I can see in the river flow map that the rivers keep getting shorter and shorter, with no relation between them. I would want them to be plausible, as I haven't encountered this problem before with other terrain projects where I did more or less the same workflow.

Besides, I'm sure my method has its issues. Do you know any other workflows that I can try? Any help in using the software in general? What can I do?

Thanks in advance.