Thread: A map with no name

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map A map with no name

Hey fellow guildies,

Here's my first finished map of the year and I'll try to stay consistent in my presence here, new year's resolution's honor !

It's a 67 x 36 cm map drawn for a private RPG party. I had fun drawing the varied biomes, not so much drawing the icons as I am bad at it so, I took a heavy inspiration from Voolf and DimensionDoors maps who are both masters at it.

There are three versions, one with labels, one with magical features and one with no magic (search for the non purple forest ). I post labelless images because I don't like labels, I think they hide the map, sue me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Labels final post.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	136970

Name:	Lallo waste final post.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	136971

Name:	Lallo clean final post.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	136972

As usual, playing with the torn parchment was fun and I love my compass. All in all, this is a map I'm pretty proud of (which shows I'm not an artist ).

The client ended up with a map printable at 134x72 cm and is pretty pleased at the end result, I hope you like it too.

Feel free to offer any critic, I'm a taker.

Cheers !

Thomas, who will dive into forsaken personnal projects for a while

EDIT : I forgot to give a time estimation for this one and I think it is important. This is roughly a 100 hours map.
    Last edited by ThomasR; 02-05-2024 at 02:53 PM. Reason: My broken keyboard tends to put too much