Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: September-October Challenge: Favorite Sites of "Nasties" in NY Moviedom

A MacDonald's kinda way is OK with me if you want ! I'm more of a Burger King / KFC bloke tho. I only mention this because the design is meant to be a bit "tacky" in that commercial sort of way. I can see it as a table mat in a diner much more than as "work of art" in a gallery.
    I am largely at a loss as to what to do with the map textures. The brick and grass thing was mostly about losing the "flatness" of before but without looking like wallpaper. I'm not wild about them artistically myself but they "fit" the best that I can think of right now. There's still several days for me to stare at the issue more... I guess the best texture would be something that looks like buildings and trees... hrm
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

BENS PIZZA: No apostrophe? Also, description is missing closing period.
    MADISON SQUARE GARDEN: "Average Joe" s/b capitalized. Also, "performance" is missing the "o".
    TIME SQUARE: That would be Times Square, I think you'll find. Also, "psychopath" is misspelled (reverse the "s" and "y").
    TIME WARNER CENTER: Missing the "T" to start off the second sentence.
    CONEY ISLAND: I strongly recommend hyphenating "genre-defining".
    MULBERRY STREET: It should be "eponymous", with an "m".
    EMPIRE STATE BUILDING: The episode title is "Daleks in Manhatten". The Independence Day commentary is a bit rambling. You probably want two sentences there.
    CHRYSLER BUILDING: It should be "Serpent" with two "e"s.

Blimey. I thought I'd read all those enough times already - I guess one becomes blind after a bit.

The apostrophe was missing mainly because that font doesn't have one! I've fabricated one myself. As for all the typos, I've corrected those on my machine now, thanks.

I did mean to ask if it was "ok" to say that about Madison Sq Gdn. Being English I may have stepped on some cultural sensitivity? I called it an "Average Joe" because, IMO, it just looks a tad boring compared to other arenas I've seen?
    I'll reword the Independence Day blurb as you suggest. It was niggling at me too.
    Thanks
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Loving where this is going - and good work to everyone on the detailed critiques!

Don't feel bad. It's very, very hard to proofread your own work, unless you've been able to set it aside long enough to forget what you "know" you wrote.

Indeedy!

OK - time to finalise this. Unless there are any further typos or easily fixed errors this is the final version I reckon.
    Again, it's a compressed jpg.
    ### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manhatten final 55.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	30458
    cheers!
    --

My Finished Stuff

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That. Is. Awesome! And the Mulberry rats made it in! Yay!

Thanks Diamond! You're a diamond!
    Last call I guess - there were some bits of "whitewash" missing and some "blotchiness I didn't like. I hope this is a bit better.
    ### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	manhatten final 56.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	30554

Back to POV I think...
    Last edited by Crayons; 10-30-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: forgot to sig the thing
    --

My Finished Stuff

I keep saying "this is it, finished" to myself and then coming back to it. The green before was simply terrible, I can only plead late night insanity.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	monster mayhem 57.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	30595
    Last edited by Crayons; 11-01-2010 at 07:03 AM.
    --

My Finished Stuff

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567