Thread: A question

Default A question

Hey everybody! I've stumbled upon this site recently and thought the idea of professional cartographers making maps of fictional lands super cool! I myself have zero experience with drawing or making maps but i'm wondering whether anyone would like to draw a map based on a fictional land I made? Im still pretty new here and a little shy so pardon me if i dont understand this site completely. Anyway, the maps here look really cool and I intend to check them up!

There is a subforum here for Mapping Requests. It is meant for just this purpose: asking people to draw maps for you.

You have to be aware though that the real high tier artistic professionals who post their maps here usually expect to be treated as real high tier artistic professionals... and won't work for free.

But you can always just ask... and there are also a huge number of almost-as-high-tier-artists on this forum who will take up a challenge or want to try out things.

Just ask.

And of course there is the second way...!

There is the subforum for Tutorials. There you will find several ways to draw maps in quite a number of different styles and helpful tips about software and drawing. Art may be difficult... making a good looking map is a lot easier.

And you might want to consider: having a wonderful map of you own fantasy land is great... making a wonderful map of your own land is even greater!

Thank you so much!