Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP of a jungle region for my D&D group

Oh my gosh that's inspirational. The world I'm creating has a region that is going to have something like it. I am going to steal it for ideas.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected eleyana's Avatar

I'm happy you guys like it that much, hope my group appreciates it too.

The only thing I'm not completely sure at this point are the portolan lines: I've seen some fantasy maps that just use the lines to connect locations

ex:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	83377

and another map from a book i read in my childhood that i forgot what was called.

It gives the map a more organic feeling and suggest something like magical linking between locations or an interconnectivity between the world and the buildings.

Doing it the way i did it is more useful for my purpose (as a prop for my dnd group) but i feel for a more artistic feel it would have been better with different lines.

This came out really well eleyana
    The previous version was quite nice and this new one has a good feel to it.
    Really splendid work.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really good now - a lot of lines, but the nature behind really works well to show where in the world you are
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

By Eleyana
    The only thing I'm not completely sure at this point are the portolan lines: I've seen some fantasy maps that just use the lines to connect locations
    ex:
    Click image for larger version. Name: Map.jpg Views: 15 Size: 88.7 KB ID: 83377

and another map from a book i read in my childhood that i forgot what was called.
    No wonders here, I know why I love your map. It's exactly the Dark Crystal map I was talking about .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12