Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June/July 2016 Lite Mapping Challenge: Village of Cliffborn

Had to post another update. Just a little more added in. Still lots to do. Have to finish the village, get the road finalized, and the legend at the least. And have to touch up where grass meets cliffs and a few other things.

Yikes! the 14th will be here fast.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cliffborn v4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	7.26 MB 
ID:	85171

I like this version a lot. You have about 2 days to finish.

Thanks. I hope to get something done tonight and tomorrow morning. Not sure if I will make it, but I will try.

This is probably as far as I'm going to get before the deadline.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cliffborn v5.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	7.84 MB 
ID:	85248

I think the cliffs turned out really nice and your forests are really good. You might kern the letter "F" and "B" slightly, nice job!

Nice! I love the buildings and farms. What is that line smashing through houses?
    The path along the cliff somehow doesn't look realistic. Kind of looks like it's just floating there.
    Zoomed in the cliffs don't look so great but when zoomed out they actually work quite well.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Nice! I love the buildings and farms. What is that line smashing through houses?
    The path along the cliff somehow doesn't look realistic. Kind of looks like it's just floating there.
    Zoomed in the cliffs don't look so great but when zoomed out they actually work quite well.
    The line is the damage from the "searing light" in my story on the first page. The path/cavern in the cliff at the tower, if that is what you meant, was my attempt at showing an isometric underground rooms and cavern with a linking under water tunnel that goes to the outside pond. Guess it wasn't a very successful attempt. it does look like it is floating. EDIT: realized I mistook the path comment, the one to the ocean does look off. I should have worked it more to get it to settle in.

Time got the better of me and between computer/tablet issues and a design I wasn't happy with in my first couple versions put me behind so I can understand your comments on the cliffs as well.

I'm glad I was able to show something finished even though it is not exactly what I had in mind. Close, but I just didn't manage my time the best to get everything in before the deadline. Stayed up to 1am to get it posted and now at work.

It was a fun challenge. I learned quite a bit. Look forward to others in the future.
    Last edited by Savage Orc; 07-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12