Thread: (WIP) Arch City of Nessa'Mor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The side bar thing I think you are talking about is most commonly called a legend. If you number the main places of interest in your city you can list them by number in the legend. It saves obscuring the fine details of your city with lots of name labels.

Sometimes that space is used for a key. A key is similar to a legend, but its used to explain what various symbols on the map mean. You will most usually find a key on an Ordnance Survey type map, where villages, towns, and cities are represented by different size/colour spots.

That's a really nice grass texture, by the way

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The side bar thing I think you are talking about is most commonly called a legend. If you number the main places of interest in your city you can list them by number in the legend. It saves obscuring the fine details of your city with lots of name labels.

Sometimes that space is used for a key. A key is similar to a legend, but its used to explain what various symbols on the map mean. You will most usually find a key on an Ordnance Survey type map, where villages, towns, and cities are represented by different size/colour spots.

That's a really nice grass texture, by the way
    Thanks.

I have to admit, I'm going to deep uncharted waters with City map legend. Never done it before.

That and how to exactly tackle the buildings is really a challenge at the moment.

Have a nice day Mouse and thanks for all the tips so far.