Thread: Register your copyright or you cannot sue for infringement in the US

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I can't afford either the time or the money to register what is already mine to make it possible to sue anyone at any time in the future. So if someone sees my work on Patreon and decides to snatch it and redistribute it free or resell it I can't do anything about it at all - other than mess around for years and years sending desist orders and feeling really angry all the time. Its not something I want to spend my life doing.

That is not to say that I won't ever give things away free again now that I have a suitable PC. And my work will also be available from time to time through Profantasy or any other publisher who decides to buy it from me. Its just that I can't see the point in doing a Patreon page, when doing so would mean I would have no time left over to do anything else at all. It would be like placing all my eggs in one extremely vulnerable basket - unprotected by the perceived power of a publishing company.

I am not a greedy person. Its just that art is the only thing I'm good at, so I need to make it pay for me or give it up and take a cleaning job instead.
    Last edited by Mouse; 05-12-2019 at 03:30 AM.