Thread: Ruins of Oor

Map Ruins of Oor

Hello, Guild!

My new map - Ruins of Oor. Nothing fancy, just part of my world :)

Hope you like it ;)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	118842
    Last edited by vb.maps; 11-15-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Nice! I like the color palette you used for this map. I'm guessing the island is what's left of St. Louis?

Del
    Have Pen. Will Map.
    Have Dice. Will Travel.
    GM for Hire | Artist and Cartographer | Free Quotes on

Default Blown Away

I really love this:
    * amazing, clean, uncomplicated lines that still feel organic
    * fabulous shadows and gradients on both land and water
    * features like mountains and trees that arent just a texture or a couple of cloned bits X1000.
    * an isometric-ish perspective that still feels spacious and "map-y" instead of clautrophobic.
    * Wow!

What I might still suggest:
    * Take a shot at labeling, it feels missing, and there are cool unique places on the map that we dont connect with because of a lack of a name.
    * Not crazy about the border, feels busy and a step below the rest of the map. (now don't get me wrong, I'm a debian fan)

Great stuff, that I aspire to be able to do!

"nothing fancy" but still manages to be fanciful

digging the arches! curious structures

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Nice! I like the color palette you used for this map. I'm guessing the island is what's left of St. Louis?

Del
    I looked up St. Louis and can see why you made this connection I guess with route humanity take towards a planet, when nature will take over world St. Louis will look like this Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eoganachta View Post
    I really love this:
    * amazing, clean, uncomplicated lines that still feel organic
    * fabulous shadows and gradients on both land and water
    * features like mountains and trees that arent just a texture or a couple of cloned bits X1000.
    * an isometric-ish perspective that still feels spacious and "map-y" instead of clautrophobic.
    * Wow!

What I might still suggest:
    * Take a shot at labeling, it feels missing, and there are cool unique places on the map that we dont connect with because of a lack of a name.
    * Not crazy about the border, feels busy and a step below the rest of the map. (now don't get me wrong, I'm a debian fan)

Great stuff, that I aspire to be able to do!
    Thank you for thoughtful comment! Cloned parts are pet peeve of mine, dunno it just fell unnatural to me when i see of two same forests or building. It amazing time saving option and i don't argue against it, but prefer to take longer route

I looked at border with fresh eye after week after finishing and i can say what it need to be a bit thinner, but overall i like it Nice remark about debian.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    "nothing fancy" but still manages to be fanciful

digging the arches! curious structures
    Hehe Thanks!