Hello! I have another thread going on in the mapmaking forum which is similar to this one, but seeks a different work. Most of what you see below is a repetition of the other thread, but the different title is very important.

This thread is specifically seeking someone to perform Steps 3-10 but you may also apply to Steps 1-2. They are all described below.

Quality & Size, requirements: Professional cartographic skills (city-building), A1, required for print & web.

Special observation: other people will improve upon your work. At least four other professionals will work on the same map, one that starts with you. In the final stage, for example, we will build a 3D model based on your map to allow people to navigate through its streets and canals and tunnels, like in a videogame or “Google Street View.” If you don’t want other people to “mess with/edit/touch” your work, this request is unfortunately not for you.

Concept / Description: we want you to use your cartographer/urbanist skills to plan out a complex coastal fantasy medieval city, seen from above. We want it to have everything, from aqueducts to a magic research tower to a Dragon Keep on a mountain by the corner of the map and everything else you can concoct. In fact, we will present you with a list of “minimum key structures” once you start the job.

Step 1 is a very rough black-and-white sketch of the city’s layout. Using your urbanistic knowledge, draw:

- The main avenues;
- Courses of water, natural pools, ponds, canals, and coast line;
- Overall shape of the city and its outside/inner walls;
- Location of all main structures and “events” (such as a significant relief that produces tunnels and elevated streets);
- Indication of “regions” = Crops outside the walls / “noble” neighborhood / docks / slums / downtown and so on.

We will review that and give you a quick feedback on what is “wrong” or that we think need to be changed.

Step 2 turns a rough sketch into an actual black-and-white map. It complements Step 1 by providing more details:

- Apply the feedback;
- Draw secondary roads and streets;
- Point out structures of secondary relevance;
- Further drawing of bridges, big generic buildings, and so on.

Steps 3-10 depend on you having true artistic skills to draw minute details as realistically as possible, such as roof tiles, glass mosaics on top of a church’s dome, trees, circus tents and so on. You will have to actually draw the final looks of buildings in these steps.

Now, 1 x A1 is the size of 8 x A4. We will divide the final result of Step 2 into eight A4 segments. Each segment is a “Step.” Here you will do the minute work of realistically drawing every single building, minor street, alleys, and so on.

We will do these in “steps” because our schedule is tight and we need to pass it along to other professionals to apply colors, textures, build 3D models and so on while the minute work is done in other parts of the city.

Expected Deadlines (approximately):

- Step 1: two days;
- Step 2: five days;
- Step 3-10 (if any): three days each

Copyright: Dragori Games will have exclusive and unlimited rights to use and modify the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Contact: my name is dan (hello!) and I will look at posts in this thread. You can also send an email to an address that starts with my name and ends with my company's name (dragorigames) dot com. Please say if you are interested in Steps 1-2, 3-10, or all of them. Send me prior work you have done in complex fantasy cities, your availability, and your rate for doing the work described above.

Thank you for your time!