Thread: My Encounter maps and the Odd Asset. WIP and finished. ;)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Question Question of Overview

Hi all,

Okay, so I am busy with quite a big dungeon overview map. But I have some questions regarding it.
    One, does a map where a village is inside these large caverns with multiple zones intrigue you as TTRPG players?

This is the one corner of the map. The whole map is like a 1.5 kilometres across with a village, a river, a canyon, an ancient city and several side caverns completing it.
    If you like the idea, please let me know your thoughts on what you would like to have present on the overview.

Glow Tree Cavern
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overview_Teaser_Glow Tree Cavern.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	793.7 KB 
ID:	122887
    Free for personal use, and with friends when an RPG is involved. This on is a piece of the map that is going to become part of a larger set I wish to release on DriveThruRPG.

EDIT:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grove_of_Whispering_Light.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	124464
    Last edited by XCali; 08-19-2020 at 06:14 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

So... it says those are 105 foot squares. That's a very odd choice, and that would make those flowers really huge, even by fantasy giant flower standards, so I'm guessing that's probably a mistake?

This section is mostly underwater, right? It looks underwater to me.

Putting a village into a cavern complex is cool. What you show here is both dark and spookily glowing, so I think it would help put players a bit on edge wondering about those odd cracks of light in the stone and those strange glowing flowers and is there something down there at the bottom of that depression!

If you have a canyon, at least have the option of a precarious rope bridge spanning it.