Thread: Back from a long absence

Default Back from a long absence

Hi everyone!

Hregrin here. I've been a member of the guild a very long time ago. Like, more than 10 years ago, I think. Long enough ago for me to forget my credentials, of course, hence the new account. Then life happened and my roleplaying, and thus mapping, activities declined.

I now have a son who's getting old enough to play TTRPGs, so worldbuilding is back on the menu, and so is mapping.

Here are a couple projections of the master map I made. It's not overly detailed but it's going to be enough since we're playing in a medieval fantastic world and my players will never have access to such a level of detail. The goal is to have a precise enough master map to derive diegetic maps from.

Here's a two-hemisphere projection of the whole world. The continent on the western hemisphere is terra incognita and will-be used for western marches style games later in the campaign.

apian_two_hemi.png

And here's a conic projection from their starting location, which is of course the first I'll detail.

equidistant conic.png

So here's to new beginnings, new friends, and to all the knowledge about the cartographer's craft I still have to acquire

Default hello

Welcome Back to the Guild!

Praise Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by hregrin View Post

Hregrin here. I've been a member of the guild a very long time ago. Like, more than 10 years ago, I think. Long enough ago for me to forget my credentials, of course, hence the new account. Then life happened and my roleplaying, and thus mapping, activities declined.

I now have a son who's getting old enough to play TTRPGs, so worldbuilding is back on the menu, and so is mapping.
    Welcome back!!

Your maps are wonderful!

I, too, am back after a long hiatus.

Nice to meet you hregrin, may we learn together in the Guild. This must be a really nice feeling, I am fairly young (23) but I imagine when it will be that I have a son and that this son will be discovering the same things I enjoyed now, at his age. To see TTRPG / mapping to have changed so much in those 20 years or so, and yet be a construction upon the old (my old) classical RPGs.
    Is he excited to learn with you?