Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Laugdenor's Tower

thanks Bogie! I'm debating on whether I need to do more to it or not.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

I'm continuing to flesh out the grounds around the top of the tower. I'm actually almost done with that, since I need to save room for the Map Title. As a matter of fact, the map border, the title, the lighting, finishing the grounds, and cleaning up the edges is all I have left to do. And maybe play around with the forcefield a little. My progress:

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laugdenors Tower15.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	994.7 KB 
ID:	113840

Laugdenor stood, studying his scrying pool, with tense concentration. It had been less than a month since he finished his tower and began his research, and already the visible signs of the evil he had sensed was making itself known. A boiling, chaotic darkness was drifting outward from the Northern Ocean; lightning and fire was destroying everything in its wake. At this time, only a few ships had been caught in the maelstrom, but Man was shuddering under its effects.

The first of what would probably be many expeditions, had been sent to locate, and bring back, the vanished scholar. Laugdenor studied their progress with great anxiety. He was not ready for them to find him yet; he had not determined the source of this great evil, he had no answers, only questions. He had yet to find a solution to coming threat.

Still, this expedition was currently no closer to finding him, than he was of finding the answers he sought. At this point, all he could do was watch, study, and pray he found the answers in time...
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

This looks awesome storm! I love huge telescope so much, but I love the whole top floor a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    I'm continuing to flesh out the grounds around the top of the tower. I'm actually almost done with that, since I need to save room for the Map Title. As a matter of fact, the map border, the title, the lighting, finishing the grounds, and cleaning up the edges is all I have left to do. And maybe play around with the forcefield a little. My progress:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Laugdenors Tower15.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	994.7 KB 
ID:	113840

Laugdenor stood, studying his scrying pool, with tense concentration. It had been less than a month since he finished his tower and began his research, and already the visible signs of the evil he had sensed was making itself known. A boiling, chaotic darkness was drifting outward from the Northern Ocean; lightning and fire was destroying everything in its wake. At this time, only a few ships had been caught in the maelstrom, but Man was shuddering under its effects.

The first of what would probably be many expeditions, had been sent to locate, and bring back, the vanished scholar. Laugdenor studied their progress with great anxiety. He was not ready for them to find him yet; he had not determined the source of this great evil, he had no answers, only questions. He had yet to find a solution to coming threat.

Still, this expedition was currently no closer to finding him, than he was of finding the answers he sought. At this point, all he could do was watch, study, and pray he found the answers in time...
    Aww .. this is coming out incredible !
    I love the Huge telescope ther and in perspective too ! You have a talent for the detailing!

Nice work and touch on the perspective views.

Maybe you could put an eye in the telescope all huge and stuff, that would be funny.

This reminds me of some of Bogie's maps.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

well, this map is using a lot of symbols created by Bogie, so it stands to reason
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    well, this map is using a lot of symbols created by Bogie, so it stands to reason
    Oh, well there you have it then. He is a master at these. I'm still using the one he did for me last time we did this challenge and it's perfect.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Nice work on this. The foreshortening on the telescope is good. Very colorful and cheerful.

Cheers,
    Arsheesh

So I'm starting to put the finishing touches on this map. As I stated earlier, I'm leaving the lighting until last, as I have some different ideas for how to accomplish that.

In the mean time, I changed out the border, and had a stroke of creativity... I hope you like what I've done with it! I've also made the map title, and I'm still finishing up the grounds. Here is what I have:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Laugdenors Tower16.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	114026
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

The title and border look good. I really like you you made the view of the gardens change with the increased height. Most people keep the view the same and just add increasing blur. Your method is a lot more work but more realistic.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast