Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

Congratulations D, and good luck

I think I've gotten too far behind now, what with failing to start until day 4 anyway.

I was starting to have the same problem as Straf. In my case I wasn't sleeping. I'm still coming down off total insomnia now. I might have been able to cope with it 25 years ago, but after a couple of weeks of not sleeping more than 2-3 hours a night I just can't write - not anything that's worth reading anyway

But I'm still watching you all

I have only had one day where I haven't hit 2000 words, so this is easily the best position I've been in at this point in the month. All of my previous wins have involved some degree of mad sprint near the end to catch up some amount, but I believe I may be done in advance of the 30th this year, baring disaster. Not just over 50,000 words, but with a completed story.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am falling behind as well, as Diamond I have a long commute, so when I return home, and have fed the kids my brain can just about handle watching a little tv.. and this friday was huge office x-mas party which left me .. tired... saturday ... But today I'm writing and I'm hoping to reach at least 15.000 today.. (almost at ten now).
    Good luck to all of you, keep writing.. and Mouse, stop all that editing.. take a deep breath and tell yourself.. I can get back to that
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Wow! That's a lot of words in one day.

Good luck with it, tilt

The other problem I've got (and one which I didn't have until I was shown the Guild 18 months ago) is that I'm torn between mapping and writing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wow! That's a lot of words in one day.
    Good luck with it, tilt
    The other problem I've got (and one which I didn't have until I was shown the Guild 18 months ago) is that I'm torn between mapping and writing
    thanks... and boy, do I know what you talk about.. still wanna finish my city, but I know I have to write. And right now I'm following Straf's school of prograstination lol
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Not.... cleaning the oven!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Not.... cleaning the oven!
    I'm not that crazy, but I've planned by youngest birthday party, checked facebook, looked at a gaming table I'd like to get a carpenter to make me (cause the ones in greece - which are beautiful - are to expensive to me), checked facebook, read Dean R. Koontz mail concerning writing for NaNoWriMo, read a few articles, checked facebook a little more, ordered two books (Brandon Sanderson and Peter V. Brett), checked in here again... so a tad prograstinating... always had a knack for it LOL
    regs tilt

LOL!

Funny you should say that. I'm currently listening to 'The Daylight War'.

Which means I have to map. Can't write my own book while listening to someone else's

I might already have listened all the way through the first two books, but the jury is still out on what I think about them.

Blog Entries

I think they are pretty good. I really liked the first one and now I've just ordered the final one. Yes, they are not perfect, but I like the story and love the concept.
    Also looking very much forward to the third book of Brandons epic "Stormlight Archive"... that is just goddamn fine reading - love all his books ... but at the moment I'm reading the final book of "Fitz and the Fool" trilogy - I so love Robin Hobbs writing, goes straight to your heart that one does
    regs tilt

I've read most of Robin Hobb's books - all that are available through my library anyway.

I don't think I've read Brandon. I'll see what there is when I've finished with The Daylight War. Thanks for the recommendation - even if its just another form of procrastination in my case

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast