Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

Hi - I'm still here

Been doing a lot of thinking about this map, even though I've taken part in a couple of challenges and been away for a while. I needed a break because the more I did the more I wasn't really satisfied - like something was missing but I didn't know what. I think I know what I'm doing with this area a bit better now, but its going to take a while. I have to learn a whole lot of new techniques.

In the meantime, here is something I hadn't already started.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skull snapshot.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	284.4 KB 
ID:	94410
    Last edited by Mouse; 04-07-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Wow, it's awesome and also a little terrifying!

Your shading is great.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks ChickPea

I 'm thinking of going entirely GIMP with the whole map, even if it will give me the same kind of roof shading problems as everyone else has (everyone who doesn't use CC3 where the roof shading is automatic), but I've seen so many beautiful maps being drawn freehand in this city that I've decided to have a go at it myself - just to see if I can. Just this once

But as usual with me - it probably won't turn out like anyone expects - least of all me! LOL!
    Last edited by Mouse; 04-07-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Haha, good for you! City maps are tricky so kudos for giving it a go in Gimp. Looking forward to seeing how you go.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    it probably won't turn out like anyone expects - least of all me! LOL!
    You'd be surprised about how highly we expect of you nowadays. You've proven your artistry already and without the "shackles" of CC3+ you will probably use your abilities to much more to real potential.
    So, in a nutshell, not expecting anything in particular, but I, for one, know I will be positively surprised.

Thank you

But the same could be said of you, Pixie - I mean the bit about the artistry, not the CC3

CC3+ is still my mainstay, and I've used it for several things in all my maps so far, but I just want to know what I can do without it for the sake of sheer curiosity
    Last edited by Mouse; 04-10-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Wow, impressive skull!

Thanks Ilanthar

I'm still settling on an exact method to use in redrawing this map in a more satisfactory fashion, but it won't be long now before I make a decision and get on with it

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    You'd be surprised about how highly we expect of you nowadays. You've proven your artistry already and without the "shackles" of CC3+ you will probably use your abilities to much more to real potential.
    So, in a nutshell, not expecting anything in particular, but I, for one, know I will be positively surprised.
    This.... agree, nothing more is needed to say.

Aw Voolf

I wish I could draw buildings and trees like your Heian Shrine map.... [Mouse gazes dreamily into the distance and sighs softly]

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast