Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Map of Istia

I envy you, you do have some rest time left

Ha ! Haha ^^ That's the joke of the month
    But who needs to sleep, hmm ?

It's really hard for me to say anything but "perfect, perfect!" for any of your maps because it's all that comes to my mind when I see your work. But I do in addition like the idea for this world and that it visually reads like a good graphic novel. So... perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Shall Teclex View Post
    It's really hard for me to say anything but "perfect, perfect!" for any of your maps because it's all that comes to my mind when I see your work. But I do in addition like the idea for this world and that it visually reads like a good graphic novel. So... perfect
    Hehe, so glad you love it (and my work in general !!). Many things in my world are related to the disasters which shaped Istia, and even if the world is quieter and happier now, the memories of this hectic past is still vivid. No doubt I'll have more to show about this in the future. Hopefully... in a perfect way

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

I really, really love this!
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under the Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Quote Originally Posted by Locution View Post
    I really, really love this!
    Thanks so much, Loc' ! I'm so glad you love it ^_^

That rise and fall of cities is really well made, amazing!

The thing I like the most about this is the way the names of the cities subtly change from age to age, presumably reflecting changes in language over those periods. Really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    This is a beauty! Excellent job!
    My biggest thanks, Francesca ! It was great to try something different and focus on the ornaments & illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Luciantang View Post
    That rise and fall of cities is really well made, amazing!
    Thanks Lucian ! Istia went through a long and tumultuous story, and I'm proud if I was able to show it there ^^

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanCR View Post
    The thing I like the most about this is the way the names of the cities subtly change from age to age, presumably reflecting changes in language over those periods. Really nice!
    I'm glad someone noted this, thanks ! Changes in language absolutely, and also different periods of occupancy, some towns destroyed, almost forgotten, then rebuilt and named from old memories... I could write a whole book about every single one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast