• Heraldic Shields by GreatWhiteNorth

4 26.67%
  • cities icons by lesopeso

7 46.67%
  • Little Trees by Meshon

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aug / Sept 15 Lite Challenge: Mapping Objects VOTING TIME !

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

This was a great challenge! Thanks to everyone who participated! The variety and the detail that went into a lot of these pushed me to up my game and refine my own entry well beyond what I originally intended to do. Thanks to this challenge, I'm more proficient at working with beveling and embossing, creating some complicated relief images, and incorporating thematic textures into my work than I was before. Making these round shield templates also opens the possibility for future refinement in my map-making.

Voting-wise, I think I'll hold off for a bit and see if I can help to engineer a multi-way tie. Or is that a faux pas? There are a lot of great entries; it seems right that this month should yield more than one silver compass.

I'm looking forward seeing the topic for the next lite challenge!

As said before, many great entries! Hard to choose who to vote for, but you guys all deserve some well deserved rep for them!

-Dan

Well I chickened out of a hard decision and voted for everyone. I know this makes my vote basically useless for determining who wins, but that's not why I did it. Every single entry was fantastic and everyone deserves a virtual shout-out for their efforts. Other people's votes can decide who gets the compass.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

So much awesome stuff in here, and really a boost to the guild resources, this was a great idea for a challenge. I'm just wondering if everyone is going to move their stuff to the Mapping Resources thread when the contest is done? Maybe they could all go in one Lite Challenge thread? Any thoughts?

cheers,
    Meshon

I am planning on putting all my tables in my mapping elements thread, I have a lot of the plain tables and some color mods to go with the accessorized ones. I know Chick said she had a ton of other brushes she was going to post. All the posts will be going in the Challenge Archives, but I do think they get lost in there, so it would be nice if everyone posted them in another thread.

Banned User

I expect I'll post the full set of brushes somewhere in the Mapping Elements section after the voting is over. I've certainly used enough brushes that others have created, it's time to repay that with some of my own.

Well, with a last minute vote, Barek333 pulled ahead to win a very close race. CONGRATULATIONS TO BAREK333 ! Well Done!!

And Congrats to everyone else who entered!! You all did a great job!!

Please post your entries (and any extras that you have) in the mapping elements thread.

Wow! This is really a great honor! I would like to thank to all of you who participated since your efforts are what made me want to do and finish my entry. Also I think we had a really good challenge what was commented by many and that we pushed each others to do more.

There is so much to learn from all of you and while doing this challenge I think I did learn some things, but there is still a long long road ahead.

This is an awesome community and it feels great to be a part of it. I hope my enthusiasm keeps up and I stay here for a long time, sharing ideas and competing in challenges

So thank you all for voting and for competing, it has been a blast! Now on to the Sept/Oct Lite Challenge

Cheers,
    Barek
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Well done barek! congratulation for your award!!

Well done, Barek! And well done also to everyone who took part. This month's challenge produced some outstanding work.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast