Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Esthrepan et le golfe d'Aurée

Beautiful landscape. I like the sky colour as well as the reflections. It is not first time you do them. I can see you are making progress with them, they are looking better and better
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Nothing can stop you, Jo !! Every single piece is better than the precedent and this one... this one...!!
    Just wow o_o

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Nice work JO
    I agree, the reflections look great.
    Thanks J. ! I did spent some time on that issue, and I think I found a way to render those reflections in water not too badly

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    This is really good!

The cliffs, reflections in the water and the perspective is good.

One things that looks strange is the buttress arches on the tower with the yellow flag.
    It would look better like this and make more sense in my opinion: https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-sl...3d1%26flip%3d0
    You're right about those "contreforts", I wanted to mimic the ones you see around gothic cathedrals, but it doesn't make great sense around this tower (especially since it looks they are pushing the tower down the cliff... not very fortunate) It's just that when those pieces are a bit further than the walls, it's more fun to play with light and shadows. But on the architectural point of view, I agree, they are a non sense...

So, I'm even more thankful for the REP you gave me !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    This is beyond beautiful, JO. I love it. Can't rep you right now though, unfortunately
    Thanks a lot, Kellerica ! No problem with the REP ! It's kind enough to consider !

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    This is beautiful. I especially like the water, full of reflections.

However, upon critical inspection, I will note that the shadows don't actually match the position of the sun, unless this is a two-sun world and you've got another high in the sky.
    Thanks for your comment, Rdanhenry ! I wonder what you mean with the position of the shadows... Acutally, the whole landscape is under a layer of dark blue (very low opacity), because appart from some edges (building, forests), all the places are in shadows. Then I added some "more shadows", regarding from where the light come from (center of the picture), because, in the shadows, some places are darker than other. If you can be more specific, I would be glad to bring some corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Let's forget English for a moment, shall we ?!

C'est à tomber par-terre ! La vue d'ensemble est splendide, la clash des styles est un pur régal ! Ces eaux ultra réalistes, ce ciel impressionniste et ces bâtiments et forêts aux allures de dessins qui prennent vie tellement tu as réussi tes ombres et tes reflets (mais putain, ces reflets de fou dont tu as doté tes bâtiments et qui donnent l'impression qu'ils sont baigné dans l'aube du monde dans un animé du studio Ghibli !!!) ! C'est merveilleux, je n'ai rien d'autre à dire à part que je reviendrais répandre ma rep comme un fan onaniste !

PS : heureusement que j'écris en français, ça n'aurait pas passé la censure
    Merci ! Tes commentaires me touchent beaucoup... même si je vois bien les défauts (criants...) qui restent. C'est en tous cas un sacré encouragement pour continuer, reprendre le thème et tenter de corriger lesdits défauts...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I love those reflections!

Very beautiful, Jo.
    Thanks a lot Mouse ! I'm glad you love the water effects ! I find it difficult to make them look as "drawings" and not too much as "photographs"..

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Beautiful landscape. I like the sky colour as well as the reflections. It is not first time you do them. I can see you are making progress with them, they are looking better and better
    Thanks Voolf ! I know I still have to work a lot to corrects the defaults I see... It's a process, but I'm glad you find that it gets better !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Nothing can stop you, Jo !! Every single piece is better than the precedent and this one... this one...!!
    Just wow o_o
    Thanks a lot MistyBee... I think there are so much beautiful skies around here, that I always want to draw them...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast