Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October 2018 Challenge: Elantrie-Tebares

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Heh I think I have that exact same scanner! It's still packed from the move though; I've been getting by till now with the little one on my all-in-one.

Oh, this is looking like it is gonna be a good one. Love all the little insets for this. Hope you get a chance to finish it and get that high quality scan done before the deadline.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

This looks great! I especially love the way you drew the cliffs in the upper right and bottom almost-right, and the shape of the land mass is excellent. Nice color choice, too. The only thing I'd recommend is not having the blue peek through some of the letters on the banner. Assuming the banner is final, that is, I realize you might also have plans for it, in which case ignore me.

Nice Tonquani. It seems south-west peninsula maps are all the rage at the moment
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Changed the title for you.

You're making great progress! I can't offer any advice about a scanner, but I assume you've tried a few things in your software to try to improve the quality? I'm sure there's a thread somewhere, maybe one of Torstan's old ones, about scanning (though I may be misremembering who wrote about it).
    Thanks Chickpea. Found the threads by Torstan too - I think it's looking like I'll have to rob a bank then...

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    I was hoping someone would do a nice big land with pictures like this I love what you've done so far.
    Thanks Chashio. I'm hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew though... And thanks for the pointers on scanners too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Oh, this is looking like it is gonna be a good one. Love all the little insets for this. Hope you get a chance to finish it and get that high quality scan done before the deadline.
    Hopefully I'll get it reasonably well finished, but I somehow doubt it'll be properly polished. And I just may have to make do with the rubbish scanner. Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    This looks great! I especially love the way you drew the cliffs in the upper right and bottom almost-right, and the shape of the land mass is excellent. Nice color choice, too. The only thing I'd recommend is not having the blue peek through some of the letters on the banner. Assuming the banner is final, that is, I realize you might also have plans for it, in which case ignore me.
    Thanks Aeshnidae, I'm having great fun finding out what I can and what I can't draw (can't draw mountains for toffee!) The blue is just a simple colour layer to get more of an idea of what the finished map may look like. The banner will stay, but the colour will go. The text will probably change too. I need to learn to make up my mind and stick with what I decide!

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Nice Tonquani. It seems south-west peninsula maps are all the rage at the moment
    Thanks Straf, much appreciated.

T

Why pick just one photo to map when you can map them ALL!! Ambitious indeed. Looks great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JsinOwl View Post
    Why pick just one photo to map when you can map them ALL!! Ambitious indeed. Looks great so far.
    Thanks JsinOwl

Anyway I have decided that I need to get a bit of a shift on here as time is rapidly running out and I haven't done much in the last week or so.

Just managed to squeeze in a couple of hours tonight and got the line work finished and scanned in (on my rubbish scanner - It'll have to do for this challenge) - just started putting down a little bit of colour, but the next couple of nights are earmarked for that!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elantrie-Tebares.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	110972

I'm hoping you manage to finish this, as I'm loving what you have so far. Excited to see some colour in the insets.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I'm hoping you manage to finish this, as I'm loving what you have so far. Excited to see some colour in the insets.
    Thanks ChickPea, although I decided to colour the main map first. Still lots to go with this, but it's getting there...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elantrie-Tebares.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	111046

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looking good! I love that grass texture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast