Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fortified Town of Aesty

Ce que je veux dire c'est que les bâtiments sont irréprochables avec leurs traits intégrés à la couleur, les ombres sont très réalistes et les arbres sont dans un style, en terme de trait, qui fait plus dessiné, pas cartoon du tout mais plus dessiné que les reste.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

You are a master of castles and shadows JO Linework, colors, all is superbe, and That Shadows on the water !!!!!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Ce que je veux dire c'est que les bâtiments sont irréprochables avec leurs traits intégrés à la couleur, les ombres sont très réalistes et les arbres sont dans un style, en terme de trait, qui fait plus dessiné, pas cartoon du tout mais plus dessiné que les reste.
    Ah je crois que je comprends : je vais essayer de placer le calque des couleurs des arbres par-dessus le calque des traits ! Je regarde et je te redis ! Merci !

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Oooh, good job, Jo !! The shadows are incredible and I love the tiny tiny linework details on grass edges !
    Thanks a lot ! I looked at J.Edward maps for hours, and tried to replicate...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh that is just fabulous, Jo

Just managed to catch sight of the thread on a flying visit, and was lavishly rewarded!

Unfortunately I haven't been around enough to rep people too often, so I still have a way to go before I can rep you again!

But just look at how far you have come with your drawing since you first joined up! The linework, the shadows, the colours... everything is superb!
    Thanks a lot Mouse ! I think I'm not the only one to look forward for your return "full time" here at the guild ! I know you have to make some savings to acquire a new computer, but I hope the day will soon be here, that you retrieve "full computer capacities" !

Quote Originally Posted by Tenia View Post
    You are a master of castles and shadows JO Linework, colors, all is superbe, and That Shadows on the water !!!!!
    Thanks a lot, Tenia ! Actually I'm on another project partially inspired by your work (Azulhoc) : another castle drawn as a map and as a landscape
    (actually, the original idea is, again, from J. Edward : https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...chmentid=96694 https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...chmentid=79252 https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...chmentid=70621 https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...chmentid=74096)
    But I want to make the "landscape view" with Sketchup, as you made so nicely with Azulhoc ! (Actually, I just want to build a castle and Sketchup is nearest thing since I'm not rich enough nor I'm near a sandy beach...)

Great map, Jo! You always have such realistic and cool floorplans for those buildings & castles.
    If I had a nitpick, it would be about the stairs which are not really integrated to the rest for some reason (color or shadows, maybe).

That is a fantastic map, Jo. It reminds me quite strongly of some of John's city maps, and that's truly intended as high praise.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Very nice!
    Lot of erosion

Thanks JO, great map, this will be very useful!

Nicely done JO
    Well laid out and I quite like the additional map down to the right.

I missed this one. Really spendid job. I like the fortification design and you did really well on those riverbanks. It has such nice feel to it.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast