Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tún Vareg - City Map

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

So little strokes and yet so precise ! this is really art ! Congratulations !

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akae View Post
    Wonderfull work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Just amazing work. So inspirational!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphs View Post
    Wow, it's really nice ! And impressive to see that you drew it with traditional medium as first !
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I was watching the wip very closely, this is one of best town maps i have seen in a while. really splendid work
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    So little strokes and yet so precise ! this is really art ! Congratulations !
    Thank you all ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Gorgeous, just gorgeous! The handwritten legend is a nice touch.
    Thanks! You think? I'm having mixed feelings about the legend, at the moment. I like that I did it by hand, but not so much how I did it. I really could improve a lot in the consistent lettering department

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It is amazing ! I think I remember you talking about Chris Riddel's map for "The Sleeper and the Spindle" as reference. This one makes me think of Lovecraft aerial view at the beginning of the comic book series Locke & Key.
    Yes, you're right, Riddell's map was a big inspiration for my Tilvarel map. I google that Locke & Key comic. I think I'm going to have to buy the heck out of those!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Absolutely great work Brian! There's so many details, and you actually turned it around rather quick after you had the pencil sketch done. Well done!
    Dank u! I've been trying to find ways of working faster. Turns out that having a good pencil sketch helps me a lot, even if it costs some time up front. Common sense, I suppose, but it took me years to actually see it
    Also: I had a couple of days off from work for Carnaval, which was most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Splendid ! I love the way you chose the view. You're definitely one of the cartographer who makes me want to try some traditional maps... and the fact you use a A3 is reassuring (that's what I bought, more for sketching, though).
    Go for it! I would love to see more of them, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    That is indeed very lovely. If only you painted on a bigger format...i'd love to see more details! I really dig the layout and shape of that city. Lots of ideas for use in a roleplaying game are already in my head
    Yes, but do you realise that I will need to make up and draw all those details too? I'd never finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post

Yes, but do you realise that I will need to make up and draw all those details too? I'd never finish!
    Yeah...i always get carried away...sorry (my wish for details on such glorious maps is never sated)

On the other hand, i am sure you could do it, with all the talent you have, so don't be modest
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I love it

And I still can't get over the fact that you managed to do all of that on an A3 sheet. I would have needed A2 at least!

Guild Apprentice

Well done, this is a great city map.

I tried a hundred times but really suck at the details... just not enough patience... :/

Guild Apprentice

Praise

Very stylish map. Totally captures that 17th century feel.

The Cartographer's Guild has some nice digs for sure. Nice central location, good lawn, and a water front.

An excellent map Blaidd! love the city's layout on the isles and the subtle colours.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Very attractive indeed. But then I'd expect nothing less from you.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Those are some gorgeous lines! There are many beautiful 100% digital maps out there, but I admit I have a weakness for maps with a traditional media look. Great work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12