Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Kontinens (commission map 2018)

I knew I forgot to comment on this marvel ! First, congrats on the commish. Second, it was way past time someone hired you And third, the land shape, the almost dynamic island placement and the color scheme are the best assets to this map but to be honest, everything is wonderful. Bravo !

Lovely style Warlin! I agree with others about the rivers, they're really stunning.

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Arkidemis's Avatar

Congrats on the commission! It looks stunning, I'm sure your client will absolutely enjoy it.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Such a beautiful map Warlin. Hope you get more commissions, but with a beauty like this, you surely will!

Congrats on your first commission! I'm sure many will follow! This map is beautiful. I really love the colours, and the landshaped are very intriguing as well (:

Congrats on the commission, Warlin. And let me say, if this is your entry level at being a pro, you fully deserve being one. The map is well balanced with good colors and sound cartography. It's not only about drawing and shading mountains and you sure know that. I bet the commissioner was happy.

The map is very very nice. Have some rep

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

First the positive; there is a overwhelming majority of that, because this surely is a beautiful map: I really like the color composition, the soft green forests and brown mountains against the bone white land, and accented by the red labeling. Very pleasing to the eye. I also like the elements themselves, a simple hand-drawn style but not too cartoonish.

But I must say, I'm having a bit of trouble reading the forests. The legend tells me there is supposed to be three different types of wooded areas, "jungle", "forest" and "taiga", but I can't really tell these apart. Perhaps a slight but still noticeable variation in the green hue would have differentiated them more? I also am not a big fan of the hexagon grid, but this is a commission, and it's likely there for gaming reasons, so can't really fault you for that.

Superb work, Warlin!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I knew I forgot to comment on this marvel ! First, congrats on the commish. Second, it was way past time someone hired you And third, the land shape, the almost dynamic island placement and the color scheme are the best assets to this map but to be honest, everything is wonderful. Bravo !
    Thanks Thomas. Don't worry about being late, i'm happy you like it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Great work! very clear and precise
    Thanks Francesca .

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Lovely style Warlin! I agree with others about the rivers, they're really stunning.
    Thanks MMM. The rivers took me some time to achieve...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkidemis View Post
    Congrats on the commission! It looks stunning, I'm sure your client will absolutely enjoy it.
    Thanks Arkidemis. The client is happy with it, indeed. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Such a beautiful map Warlin. Hope you get more commissions, but with a beauty like this, you surely will!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Congrats on your first commission! I'm sure many will follow! This map is beautiful. I really love the colours, and the landshaped are very intriguing as well (:
    Thanks Greg and Daniel. The next commission one is a world map. I hope to show you it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Congrats on the commission, Warlin. And let me say, if this is your entry level at being a pro, you fully deserve being one. The map is well balanced with good colors and sound cartography. It's not only about drawing and shading mountains and you sure know that. I bet the commissioner was happy.

The map is very very nice. Have some rep
    Thanks Pixie. I always map with tectonic and scale in mind, but also with aesthetic. Happy you notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    First the positive; there is a overwhelming majority of that, because this surely is a beautiful map: I really like the color composition, the soft green forests and brown mountains against the bone white land, and accented by the red labeling. Very pleasing to the eye. I also like the elements themselves, a simple hand-drawn style but not too cartoonish.

But I must say, I'm having a bit of trouble reading the forests. The legend tells me there is supposed to be three different types of wooded areas, "jungle", "forest" and "taiga", but I can't really tell these apart. Perhaps a slight but still noticeable variation in the green hue would have differentiated them more? I also am not a big fan of the hexagon grid, but this is a commission, and it's likely there for gaming reasons, so can't really fault you for that.

Superb work, Warlin!
    Thanks Daelin. Sure, there is a lot of thinks I will improve for the next maps, and your comment point all the elements I need to adapt. I'm not found myself with the hexagon but it was an (too) easy way to fix scale, and the forest color is indeed an omission .
    Cheers.

I was the client and I am happy with the map. It was easy to communicate my ideas, and Warlin translated them with imagination and creativity. Good job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12