View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

No, not current, that would require a lot of updates. After everything will be decided, one person (that has time) could gather most important information about the map and post it, either as a new thread, or you could edit your first post here and put all the info there.

I am sorry but i have no time to follow everything here, this topic is hot and progress too fast.

Its ok, I don't mind. Besides I think we have reached a point where we need a one comment information 'kill-all' index, since the major points like position, landscape, division, roads and so on have already been discussed in quite some detail.

I won't go and create it straight away, however, because we really need it to be a bit like a notice board that the CL's/Redrobes/Robbie can amend if I go and make any bloopers, and I'm not sure if an ordinary thread would suffice for that.

@ Redrobes - is there a sort of index/notice board format for doing this?

Ok, i am counting on you Mouse the Almighty

Blog Entries

is there a sort of index/notice board format for doing this?
    Not really, we usually just make a thread and make it sticky and then put in a list of stuff into it like normal. Sometimes I lock a thread so that people cant comment but thats only realistic if your a CL. J.E could edit it for you but for now maybe just best to make a new thread and post into that and ask for people not to reply to it but reply to this one for comments.

(sorta like this guildworld one: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=33728 )
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-07-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Not really, we usually just make a thread and make it sticky and then put in a list of stuff into it like normal. Sometimes I lock a thread so that people cant comment but thats only realistic if your a CL. J.E could edit it for you but for now maybe just best to make a new thread and post into that and ask for people not to reply to it but reply to this one for comments.
    Then that is what I shall do. Thanks Redrobes

I may be a couple of hours re-reading all that has happened so far, and then organising the best way to display the critical information. I'd like to repost John/Azelor's current take on the map with roads right at the top of the comment, if that's ok, and update that as well with any modifications or improvements that occur after this point. A picture paints a thousand words and is a valuable visual reference point for the stats that will appear below it.

I'm not going to go into regional details, or list the possible places - just the sold facts, and later I'll add a list of which area is assigned to which cartographer - hyperlinked to their respective WIP threads
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-07-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I think too that a post to summarize all the points is necessary : that would also be a "to do" and "don't" list for all participants (rules to respect, scale, shadows, point of view, possibilities regarding important buildings, floors or underground possibilities, how to draw the end of each one's part, ...)

I guess that's a three part notice board - 'Statistics' (later to include the hyperlinked index of WIP threads), 'Rules' (an absolute bare minimum, since we want people to enjoy this rather than feel oppressed by it), and 'Messages' (only critical or urgent to keep it short and sweet).

I'll keep it to just those three Titled comments so the division is clear.

There will be a limit to how detailed it all is, Jo, since the point of having it is to summarise rather than repeat everything that's already in this thread.

Once I've set up the bare bones please let me know what you think on this thread? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post

(sorta like this guildworld one: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=33728 )
    Isn't there a permissions setting that allows regular members to lock their own threads?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Mouse, one thing I have done in the past for something of a controlled thread is make the initial post, and the several posts, with just the text "reserved" in case someonr would post at least they would not separate your info posts.

As for the links to the WIP, it may be worth having the main post for the rules and main info. Then a post for districts 1-10 and who is doing them and links to WIP, and so on and so forth with the rest of the numbered districts. Just to break up that 1 big post a little.

Just some thoughts.

EDIT: I See what you already did looks good.
    Last edited by DarkInfinity; 01-07-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

I'm going to do a bit of road work today and incorporate Azelor's wall suggestions in as well.
    I'll have that revised map up a bit later today.

As for where to put the whole collection of threads and all that...
    I was hoping to get some contact with Robbie going but I have not been able to get anything from him at the moment.

I wanted to open another sub-forum area like Guildworld had, so we could have a thumbnail scraper for that as well as its own sticky area.
    This may be something Redrobes could take care, but may be something that Robbie must do himself - I'm not sure.
    Whenever that is decided, we should be able to begin handing out areas to people and getting wip threads and other discussion threads started.

I am going to try to get in touch with Robbie again today and see where we stand.
    So a bit more patience just now.

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast