Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D&D map for my brother: the Sanctuary Dome

This is enthralling. My favorite maps are ones that get my brain spinning before I read anything about the world. This is absolutely doing that. Love it.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KMAlexander View Post
    This is enthralling. My favorite maps are ones that get my brain spinning before I read anything about the world. This is absolutely doing that. Love it.
    Oh, there's still a ton of stuff coming. Those empty corners will be filled up with lore, building plans and the like. So it's gonna be a while before this one enters the finished section but I promise it's gonna be fun!

Well, at least for me

Here's another update, with the last segment all shaded. Since I hate shading forests, I've saved these for my dear friend "Tomorrow Me". He's kind. He's a hero! He does everything I refuse to do. All I have to do is not do it today. Handy huh? This other guy though, "Yesterday Me", is an A-class bastard. He constantly saddles me up with work he was supposed to do ages ago!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bromap (12a).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	129148
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Update: I had some time on my hands, so I did the forest shading already. Tomorrow Me will be grateful (he better be! )

Also, I coloured and shaded the cities, and I added a little flair to the central tower, which is now broken up into three pieces, two of them floating because MAGIC!! Don't thank me for that little flourish, thank my brother. I'm the mapper, he's the D&D genius.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bromap (13d).jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	129151
    Last edited by Caenwyr; 04-02-2021 at 11:26 AM.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

The central tower is something! I like the idea very much.
    And the whole map is magic, clearly .

Guild Member

Yay! An update! Loving this.

this is a really amazing, i love the concept of the dome! i cant wait to see what it looks like with the color and shading

Quote Originally Posted by kyliedee View Post
    this is a really amazing, i love the concept of the dome! i cant wait to see what it looks like with the color and shading
    Colouring and shading are already there Kylie, but thanks for the kind words!

The map is now on a bit of a hiatus since I need input from the client (my brother dear) and their attention seems to be all over the place lately. So typical, they get a second kid and all of a sudden no more time for maps? How rude!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123