Blog Entries

image in post 287

LOOKING GREAT!!!!!!

love the watercolor style
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Thank you John

I think the watercolour effect is largely down to the paper texture I'm using, which is one of my seamless paper textures - this one. I desaturated the tile, messed around with the levels a bit to make it paler and fractionally more pronounced, then Grain Merged it over the top of everything else

The map looks very bland without it

Blog Entries

i have said this before

with the exception of the very narrow things i do with planet and moon maps
    i normally do not do a add to rep UNLESS it is really really GREAT and i really LOVE IT

keep it up
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Thank you

I hope I can keep up the standard as I work

Red - while I think about it, this is the mask for the extent of the map I'm working on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EXTENT MASK.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	411.4 KB 
ID:	102217

If it doesn't match John's original mask don't worry too much - the map has a fringe all the way around it to fill in any 'holes', and it shouldn't be too much of a disaster if you have to trim my map back a bit.

I've been working on the road layout and the positioning of the wall in relation to the road. I remember that Thomas and I agreed that Thomas would draw the wall that runs east-west along part of my northern boundary, but it was a bit mixed up with the road right there, so I've drawn it anyway so that we both know where it is, or its a bit difficult to get the road right on this side of it where it goes so close to it. I've put it exactly on the boundary.

btw - the roads won't be brown in the final version, I just need them to stand out a bit so that I can see what I'm doing with them while I finalise the layout

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	KRITA NEW 04.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	8.14 MB 
ID:	102219

This is gorgeous, Sue! In a topographical way

Thank you, Fol2dol

It took a lot of staring at the relief on the original to decide where to put everything. I'm still not convinced I've got it right, but it's close. I decided to get rid of one of the cliffs in the top leg of the map, but I've left the one that everyone seems to like - the one with the finished caves in it.

I still have a very long way to go with the landscape. I want to get the cliffs looking properly 'cliffy' all over the map, and I want to make the major roads and walls really work with the relief before I start adding any buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    (...) the one with the finished caves in it..
    Indeed, that part is awesome. I might steal it outright as a style reference for a piece of my section I haven't yet worked on.

The roads seem to adjust really well to the topograhpy - they give a good sense of height, and height differences. The one that doesn't, imho, is the one that climbs into the southern little mesa and then bridges to the other mesa and on the the walls. The first climb should be at least a little "zigzaggy" I think.

This map is going at a more stately pace than Azelor's

The first experimental hand drawn building.

I can use more layers now that I'm working in Linux, so I can have a bit more fun

Interestingly, in Windows this file is said to be taking 1.9 GB RAM when open. In Linux its only 1GB RAM. Don't know how they do it, but hats of to the Linux coders

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Linux v1.jpe 
Views:	94 
Size:	5.23 MB 
ID:	102289

Though it does seem to have given the jpg file an interesting extension!

EDIT: LOL! we always seem to speak all at once Ninjad again

Thank you Pixie

I'm going to do something a bit special with that little piece of road - haven't got that far south yet
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-16-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast