Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Seven Sealands of Smalinger WIP

Thank you kacey, Ilanthar and tilt. In fact this is just an outtake of a world map which I created because I love mapping and writing novels. The sealands are the starting point of a larger story, which is in my mind for more than two years. The protagonists live on the Island of Wjaelland an from there, they startet their journey. So it´s not for a game...

I'm a great fan of beaches and coastlines and so I always tried to create realistic coastlines. Over the years I tried to learn that and compared to the first tryouts I improved in fact. Creating coastlines needs some inspiration, some ideas but obove all a flair for map-scales. Maybe I can create a little tutorial for that (what doesn´t mean, I feel as an expert of cause)

Today I added some more detail (the swamps f.e.), played a little more on naming and added some geographic information like the height of some mountains (in meters)..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smalinger Map 9 Kopie.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	100539

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randigpanzrall View Post
    Today I added some more detail (the swamps f.e.), played a little more on naming and added some geographic information like the height of some mountains (in meters)..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smalinger Map 9 Kopie.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	100539
    I really like the natural flow of the rivers. I lack a lot of skill in this area

Fantastic map, I still want to know how you make your topography

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345