Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: The Mountain of Rasgar

oh wow!!! This is really remarkable!!! And Kacey's daughter isn't the only one that loves unicorns! That's been my totem ever since I can remember! I have unicorns all over my house. In fact, my dream guide is a silver unicorn
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

I like the raven, Domino

Funny you should mention dream guides, Ladiestorm, because there's something very dreamlike about this picture. It's kinda like, even within the mind of the mapmaker, none of these places are real, but instead they're landmarks on some spirit journey, or it's a representation of a hallucination or something. I don't know - maybe it's just me...

I like it, though. It's very well made, with a lot of fantastic details

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Still as beautiful and poetic as ever! And I am very honoured to be in such a beautiful sky (Thank you!) Especially with this very good choice : a shield! I couldn't have dreamt of a better way

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Great lineart, completely in the topic, and the echoing forest is fantastic!

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    I had a really hard time finding out what to do for Kacey's constellation but I decided on a unicorn after going through her thread and seeing that her daughter loves unicorns
    Thank you Domino, so sweet of you to include her in this beautiful map. This was a really nice surprise and I had to laugh because I showed her her constellation and she sais “That’s not a unicorn, it’s a horse with a fish under it.”

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    oh wow!!! This is really remarkable!!! And Kacey's daughter isn't the only one that loves unicorns! That's been my totem ever since I can remember! I have unicorns all over my house. In fact, my dream guide is a silver unicorn
    That is awesome! I want to name a few of the stars as well would you like to name one in Kacey's unicorn Constellation?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    I like the raven, Domino

Funny you should mention dream guides, Ladiestorm, because there's something very dreamlike about this picture. It's kinda like, even within the mind of the mapmaker, none of these places are real, but instead they're landmarks on some spirit journey, or it's a representation of a hallucination or something. I don't know - maybe it's just me...

I like it, though. It's very well made, with a lot of fantastic details

Wingshaw
    Thank you Wingshaw, I was considering giving you a horse constellation but I thought that wouldn't work if I already had a unicorn constellation. Maybe it feels so dreamlike because I've done the bulk of the work after 10pm... It is pretty spiritual to me though, I'm adding a lot of element's that I personally have a strong connection with. I am a big fan of astronomy, I love stargazing, I have a tattoo of a tree that is similar to the one in the map, waterfalls have always been a love of mine, just to name a few things that are connected to this map.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Still as beautiful and poetic as ever! And I am very honoured to be in such a beautiful sky (Thank you!) Especially with this very good choice : a shield! I couldn't have dreamt of a better way
    Thank you JO, I'm so happy you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenia View Post
    Great lineart, completely in the topic, and the echoing forest is fantastic!
    Thank you! I'm really happy with the way the forest turned out!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Thank you Domino, so sweet of you to include her in this beautiful map. This was a really nice surprise and I had to laugh because I showed her her constellation and she sais “That’s not a unicorn, it’s a horse with a fish under it.”
    Hahaha, I can see how she saw that. She can interpret the stars however she likes. I'm happy you like it though

I would love to! The tip of the horn? Could it be called Ucrauna? That's the name of a shapeshifting sorceress I had in a 3rd Edition D&D game years ago. She shapeshifted, in to a... you guessed it... unicorn. It was a wild talent the GM gave me. We all had wild talents, mine was shapeshifting. I got to pick the 'animal' I shifted into. The only restriction I had, was that it had to be a land based, 'medium' sized animal. I miss that character... I may have to resurrect her for my upcoming 5th ed game. Maybe turn her into a cleric, instead of a sorceress.... hmmmm….
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Nice move with those constellations & stars ! I love mine.
    The colors & shading is fantastic, it's really making a difference.

If you haven't yet, take a look at some of Roger Deans arwork for insperation on the floating mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Thats awesome (except the part about losing all your work in a fire), I'm happy you're going to put these to a good use! You do have my permission to use it in your personal campaign.

Thank you Onirian! I have a spot for you close to MistyBee That will come with the next update!

So I still have a few more constellations to add and I'm going to play with some of the mountain colors but here is another update with a few more constellations! I also added a blue glow around the Azul door for Storm.

I had a really hard time finding out what to do for Kacey's constellation but I decided on a unicorn after going through her thread and seeing that her daughter loves unicorns
    And I was having a hard time deciding what to do for Naima but I decided to make Naima the nebula inside of the bogie constellation because I think Naima has a great eye for art.
    I really love the way that Ilanthar's Newt constellation turned out with it's tail wrapped around the north star.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 113796

omg thx for the tribute! how did you know? mrawww

ps: that gradient, the palette and the soft lights. are so omgomg!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast