Thread: January 2020 Challenge : Map of Ulrizen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Damn, mate, that big castle looks awesome. I see what you mean about maybe losing the "old parchement style" a little bit, but even so, the illustrations look great. The only thing I'd personally watch out for is the large difference in linework width/strenght. Right now the coastline has a much wider line than the castles, for instance, and I think it may make the whole look just a bit inconsistent? I do like the fuzziness of the lineart in general, though, gives it a nice atmosphere.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Damn, mate, that big castle looks awesome. I see what you mean about maybe losing the "old parchement style" a little bit, but even so, the illustrations look great. The only thing I'd personally watch out for is the large difference in linework width/strenght. Right now the coastline has a much wider line than the castles, for instance, and I think it may make the whole look just a bit inconsistent? I do like the fuzziness of the lineart in general, though, gives it a nice atmosphere.
    I see what you mean, and you're right... It's out of style (if there's any). I think I was trying very hard not to fall in the "comic book style" with a hard line around every item. And yet, I did it with all the buildings... I tried to lower opacity of these lines, so they are pratically invisible, I think I'll try the same method with the coastline, maybe it works.
    Anyway, thanks a lot for pointing out this issue !