Thread: First post, first map!! Map of Imasera

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Nice

Hey man, I'm also new to this forum

I like the map, its nice and comfy, but the only thing I would tell you is that the coastlines seem to straight, I always try to make them very pointy and changing through space a lot. In my opinion it gives a bigger sense of realism to the map, but its nice anyway man.
    I tried CC3 but i had some problems with it so I went with GIMP, really happy with it, though CC3 seemed quite nice looking.

For the coasts, I always remember a guy who told me that coasts are like fractals, like they're always irregular, and the more you zoom in, the more irregular they are haha

Cheers mate.

Hey

Considering the scale of the map I believe the lines are distorted enough. But I'm not from the drawing area, so this map for me was already a great achievement. (my old ones by Imgur there you will see that they were almost round)

Look, I'd rather draw on GIMP because I think the map is 'more mine', these pre-ready programs like CC3 and Inkarnate see them as too generic. I do not know, just opinion.

Let's be welcome then, good luck on your maps.

Quote Originally Posted by MorelTuzl View Post
    Hey man, I'm also new to this forum

I like the map, its nice and comfy, but the only thing I would tell you is that the coastlines seem to straight, I always try to make them very pointy and changing through space a lot. In my opinion it gives a bigger sense of realism to the map, but its nice anyway man.
    I tried CC3 but i had some problems with it so I went with GIMP, really happy with it, though CC3 seemed quite nice looking.

For the coasts, I always remember a guy who told me that coasts are like fractals, like they're always irregular, and the more you zoom in, the more irregular they are haha

Cheers mate.