Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very good start ! And I like very much the story that goes with your district !

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Nice map - cant wait to get this into the overall one.
    Thank you, Red

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Gygax would have had something to say about that ! But I like the idea
    I can't speak for the late and very great E G Gygax, but I think we were inspired by different novels! I'm more of an Anne McCaffrey, Christopher Paolini, and Rachael Hartman gal myself - believing that dragons are more intelligent than humans, and (just like people) can range from 'good' to 'bad', through indifferent

I saw a city map around here a few months ago that incorporated a dragon's skeleton into the city (I wish I could remember where it was and who drew it). That's where I got the idea from, but I doubt I will show very much of the skeleton. Maybe the backbone and the skull.

Astranil's heart is sacred, and the bones are much revered. The reason they were left where they were is because Astranil was just so huge that no one could move him without cutting him up into tiny pieces... and that would have been sacrilege!!! So there he lies in all his magnificence.

Sadly, with the pressure on space to build, these days, I'm afraid the houses are starting to encroach on the area within the space that was once his flesh, where the smaller bones have turned to dust and been blown away on the wind - a fitting end for the magical bones of a thousand year old dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Very good start ! And I like very much the story that goes with your district !
    Thank you, Jo

We couldn't really have an entire Guild City without at least one bit of undeniable evidence that dragons really do exist