Thread: Free Symbols Sets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cheers. I found a zip file at the top which had them all in and just unzipped to my font directory. Sadly cannot rep Jaedaph as I haven't repped enough after the last time!

Blog Entries

Ah right - for some reason its the process of dragging the file in that triggers the install of it. Don't know why but thats the way I have found it. Also although the fonts directory looks like a directory its one of a set of windows specials. Its definitely more than just a directory - its some kind of data base thing with a folder interface to it. Which I think sucks btw - I would prefer to have some unreadable garbage in there with a proper app interface to it and know it wasn't a folder of ttf files. If anyone has some good info on what its actually doing then id like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Cheers. I found a zip file at the top which had them all in and just unzipped to my font directory. Sadly cannot rep Jaedaph as I haven't repped enough after the last time!
    It's the thought that counts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Ah right - for some reason its the process of dragging the file in that triggers the install of it. Don't know why but thats the way I have found it. Also although the fonts directory looks like a directory its one of a set of windows specials. Its definitely more than just a directory - its some kind of data base thing with a folder interface to it. Which I think sucks btw - I would prefer to have some unreadable garbage in there with a proper app interface to it and know it wasn't a folder of ttf files. If anyone has some good info on what its actually doing then id like to know.
    What now who now? I haven't a clue what you're referring to...
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Here's two more varicolor symbol sets for CC3 overland maps. Utsuronaya is a collection of hollow arrows, and yajiri is a collection of solid arrows.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

This varicolor symbol set for overland maps is based on the Nakht TrueType font found here:

http://havengar.freeservers.com/fontantg.htm

I really like the hand drawn look of this Egyptian Heiroglyphics font.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jaerdaph; 09-12-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Added new working link to Nakht TrueType font souce.
    jaerdaph

Link

If nobody has ever seen this before, it's a catalog of map symbols in .pdf format
    from a Francophone website. I haven't messed around with any of these yet but the range of application should be obvious.

http://www.paris-pc-gis.com/MI_Envir...mapping_fr.htm

There are lots of good symbols to use, though it's more geared towards the actual and utilitarian. After looking through the list I was unable to find any standing stone symbols, the purpose of my search. So once again I am forced to ask the world that great question that has troubled men since times immemorial: "Where's my Cromlech?"

I'm not sure if you know of it (though I expect you do), but an open source mapping program called Autorealm installs various fonts on your PC including a symbols font that includes various symbols such as a sunken ship, battlefield, etc etc.

So here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I'm not sure if you know of it (though I expect you do), but an open source mapping program called Autorealm installs various fonts on your PC including a symbols font that includes various symbols such as a sunken ship, battlefield, etc etc.

So here it is:

I've always liked those, especially the sunken ship. I even created some CC3 symbols from that font earlier in this thread:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...30&postcount=7

jaerdaph