Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Guildcity - Tell me your preference for Section number

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Number 2 is fine with me JE!

I was just wondering. Is there a place with all the basic information about the format of the city map anywhere? Kinda like a FAQ for them. It's only because, whilst I was sleeping the Guild City thread exploded with another further 500 pages, and by the times I filter through that, there'll be another 500.

If not I think if someone has the time (sorry ), some useful things to include from just scanning through the City thread would be: the lighting direction image, the scale of the grid, talking about what period the city is from (I don't even know if this was decided), talking about the relative resolution not being an issue with RedRobes' magic, that sort of thing. Just so it's nice and clear for everyone to see and confirm it in their minds.

Also, any links that we might need like to the Index. Also some other quick things I just thought of and I know were discussed (kind of a rambling post I know ): the approx road width and wall width and the climate... and of course those pictures of those weird flying things seen over area fifty...something...can't be nine as that doesn't exist

If I'm being silly, or lazy, just let me know. I might be able to find some time at some point to do this, but I've missed so much of the conversation on there, someone more clued up might be better.

*EDIT* Turns out I was being silly. This pretty much already exists. You guys are on top of everything!
    Last edited by Greg; 01-09-2017 at 05:26 AM.

I used the 5' per grid square scale and sort of mapped out some lengths and areas based on that in the first post in this thread.

I think for the shadow the sun is around 315° from true north which given this latitude corresponds to somewhere around 1pm (ish) and at the solstice would produce a shadow length of object height x 1.2

I should check these figures later but I have to pop out for a bit now. Unless everyone agrees that it's good enough

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Number 2 is fine with me JE!

I was just wondering. Is there a place with all the basic information about the format of the city map anywhere? Kinda like a FAQ for them. It's only because, whilst I was sleeping the Guild City thread exploded with another further 500 pages, and by the times I filter through that, there'll be another 500.

If not I think if someone has the time (sorry ), some useful things to include from just scanning through the City thread would be: the lighting direction image, the scale of the grid, talking about what period the city is from (I don't even know if this was decided), talking about the relative resolution not being an issue with RedRobes' magic, that sort of thing. Just so it's nice and clear for everyone to see and confirm it in their minds.

Also, any links that we might need like to the Index. Also some other quick things I just thought of and I know were discussed (kind of a rambling post I know ): the approx road width and wall width and the climate... and of course those pictures of those weird flying things seen over area fifty...something...can't be nine as that doesn't exist

If I'm being silly, or lazy, just let me know. I might be able to find some time at some point to do this, but I've missed so much of the conversation on there, someone more clued up might be better.

*EDIT* Turns out I was being silly. This pretty much already exists. You guys are on top of everything!
    I hope you found everything, GLS!

I also think you're right - we do need a separate summary thread - separate from the Main Index that is, but I have reality commitments to sort out this afternoon. I will see what I can do when I get back - whilst its all still quite fresh in my mind.

You'd never believe I only started this 6 days ago would you!

As for having district 02 - I'm going to be bold and say yes on that front (even though its really J.Edward's jurisdiction). No one has asked for it yet, and no one else has yet been turned down on their number one request pitch. So go for it. I'll put you on the allocation board in a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I used the 5' per grid square scale and sort of mapped out some lengths and areas based on that in the first post in this thread.

I think for the shadow the sun is around 315° from true north which given this latitude corresponds to somewhere around 1pm (ish) and at the solstice would produce a shadow length of object height x 1.2

I should check these figures later but I have to pop out for a bit now. Unless everyone agrees that it's good enough
    The lighting information is given in the Main Index thread - both for PS users and CC3+ users (the latter of which we actually have at least 4 already)

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh bless! Thank you D

This is going to be one of the difficult areas between us. Some will make the cliffs look deadly steep, while others relatively shallow, but as long as we all sort of stick to the line along the top edge and the line along the bottom edge (the water in other words), we should at least meet up right.
    That is what I assumed, grey line is edge of cliff and it meets up with the watter at the bottom.
    Not wanting to change it, that's what I was hoping for.

And for those thinking the areas were a little on the small side, being new to this... They are alot bigger than I thought they would be. I may be one of the one dragging this out longer than some of you but I'm excited to take this on.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

I'm assuming that central lake is 50-70 meters below ground level.

I'd like 39, 46, 45, 20 Look forward to it.

J.E. The grey lines are the roads, right? In section 53 there is a road over a river. So i guess i gonna have to build a bridge tere, but its super close to waterfall. Maybe dam ? but it has no sense putting it there

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    On the same principles that I booked District 2 for GLS earlier, I'll book you for District 39 now

(J can kill me later for dishing any out that he had his eye on for the second round! LOL!)

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Got it
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I'm assuming that central lake is 50-70 meters below ground level.
    Maybe in some of them... I was thinking height to water surface might be from 30-100 feet
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkInfinity View Post
    That is what I assumed, grey line is edge of cliff and it meets up with the watter at the bottom.
    Not wanting to change it, that's what I was hoping for.

And for those thinking the areas were a little on the small side, being new to this... They are alot bigger than I thought they would be. I may be one of the one dragging this out longer than some of you but I'm excited to take this on.
    No worries

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    J.E. The grey lines are the roads, right? In section 53 there is a road over a river. So i guess i gonna have to build a bridge tere, but its super close to waterfall. Maybe dam ? but it has no sense putting it there
    That area you are talking about... it was to be a waterfall with a bridge going over just near, but not directly over the waterfall
    Just an idea of something cool to have, but is up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    On the same principles that I booked District 2 for GLS earlier, I'll book you for District 39 now

(J can kill me later for dishing any out that he had his eye on for the second round! LOL!)
    Hehe, is ok Mouse

Ok... here's a quick little sketch of what I had been thinking when i made the sinkholes, but is just a suggestion.
    Those doing the sinkhole areas will have to agree for themselves on the details.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinkhole sample 1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	90963

Give me any area!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast