Quote Originally Posted by Altaan View Post
Thanks for sharing those... Which tool is best to use your brushes with, i.e. how to apply them to the best effect? I wanted to play around a little in Photoshop today, only to find the larger mountain brushes are in fact so large (~1500px) I couldn't use like more than a few in each corner of the map...Would appreciate any sort of advice, and thanks again for sharing!
I've been deathly busy with graduate school, so I've been absentee here for a little bit - but yes I figure that might be a difficulty! I just assumed everyone had fast machines these days (mine is almost 10 years old and still holds up). The brushes are large, you're correct. They're basically at the same scale at which I scanned them. I've considered doing some smaller drawn mountains- but I think what I might do is just take the brush sets and make a 1/2 res size, or 1/4 res, so that you wouldn't have to re-size each brush individually. I personally prefer working at the larger scale, as I can erase much more easily and make adjustments more quickly. I imagine i would eventually just shrink down my entire image after I was done.

When I get some free time, finally, I'll make a smaller version of the brushes to be used. I also want to revisit some of the mountains and rivers, as I feel they are definitely large and hard to use more than once or twice in a map - some middle sized, more generalized mountains might be nice. The ones currently in the files are pretty pronounced.

I'll let you know when I'm back in commission, but for now I'm out. Gimme a little bit.

Thanks!