Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy Sell Forum Information

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thank you Neyjour. That was most educational (and some very nice fallen trees as well).

I can now see that its not just a case of throwing it up there on Panjo's page, but preparing the zip folder first. I notice how you have put your rights and permissions for the graphics in the read me file. I may just copy that file and list the stair shadows in place of your tree list... if you don't mind that is?

I have about 15 different sets of stairs (different numbers of steps 1 - 15, and the banister shadow. All these could go as one zip to the customer.

I'm understanding a lot more now. Thanks for your help
    You're welcome!

And I don't mind at all. If you like the way I do my ReadMe's, just delete all my personal info, file names, etc. and then save it as a blank template.

One other thing I'd suggest is including your name in each of the PNG file names. That way, if it ends up as a "loose" file somewhere on someone's computer, they'll never forget where or who they got it from. Well, unless they rename it.

Oh, and thanks. Glad you like my logs!

Something like "Step shadow 01 Mouse.png" then?

Thanks again Neyjour. I wouldn't have had a clue about setting up the readme if you hadn't just given me that example

Something like "Step shadow 01 Mouse.png" then?

Thanks again Neyjour. I wouldn't have had a clue about setting up the readme if you hadn't just given me that example
    No prob! You're welcome.

And yeah, just like that.

When the Guild link goes live, I'll put up the entire set of everything for 10 cents. They aren't exactly brilliant, OR very beautiful, but they work if you're in a fix for a set of steps that match your favourite floor texture.

EDIT: OK - I'm ready to go with this Robbie, complete with ready prepared zip file.

EDIT 2: Just setting up the listing - looks like there's a minimum sale price. I'm going to have to set this at 40 cents just to not have to pay Panjo for selling them. What the hell - lets go for 50 cents, then at least you get somewhere around $0.15 - $0.20 per sale

EDIT 3: This may have some bearing on the problem with connecting to Cartographer's Guild from Panjo's end. Where it says "Choose a Market Place" right at the top on the first box you fill in, there's an option to view the whole list. Even though you can make it accept "Cartographer's Guild" without any problem, the guild isn't listed in any shape or form if you view the full list of market places. The error you get when you try to login to Cartographer's Guild isn't to do with the fact that you are already logged in here. I've tried it both ways. The error message also suggests that you contact Panjo.com for assistance, but since this is just a test object for sale that I've put up to help you iron out all these little things, I haven't yet contacted them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New listing.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	85557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	view full list.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	85558  
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-21-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have Panjo tech support looking into this...my day has not ended up being as free as I expected it to be so I still haven't had time to dig into this myself.

One thing is that it seems yoru panjo account username and your forum account username need to match for it to connect I think. A Panjo support person may pop in here.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Hi Robbie

Sorry to be such a pain by falling in the pool

Because I find it difficult to remember lots of different ones, the log on details to both accounts are the same anyway, so that can't be it.

Just a thought, but before this happens and before anyone actually pays for anything, I only know that these images work fine when used in Profantasy software. I wouldn't know if they are even transparent in other mapping software. I wonder if someone can borrow one of these and tell me if they do? the first two are supposed to be transparent, and when pasted onto the map should have the effect shown in the third image

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test plank.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	85559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02 step shadow.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	1,021 Bytes 
ID:	85560  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mouse, they're proper PNGs with transparent background, and they'll work just fine in programs like Photoshop, GIMP, PaintShop Pro, etc.

Here's a quick test in PaintShop Pro X7:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steps test.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	85562

Robbie, when I created my Panjo account, I used the exact same username (and password) that I have here at the Guild, with no variations in upper/lowercase letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    Mouse, they're proper PNGs with transparent background, and they'll work just fine in programs like Photoshop, GIMP, PaintShop Pro, etc.
    PHEW! It was just that I opened one in another piece of software and it was just black and white with no transparency. Talk about panic! Thanks for checking them out for me Neyjour

It looks like we did more or less the very same thing with Panjo, but I was a bit more clumsy than you and ended up with a fully blown listing (ie - fell in the pool)!

PHEW! It was just that I opened one in another piece of software and it was just black and white with no transparency. Talk about panic! Thanks for checking them out for me Neyjour

It looks like we did more or less the very same thing with Panjo, but I was a bit more clumsy than you and ended up with a fully blown listing (ie - fell in the pool)!
    No prob!

Hehe, yeah. Each time I tried, I kept clicking the "Cartographers' Guild" checkbox, but when that didn't work, I just closed everything out. I never did try without that toggled on.

Okay, I just noticed something, and I wonder if this might be the problem, if the usernames have to match exactly...
    My username here is Neyjour (with a uppercase N). But at Panjo it's neyjour (lowercase n). I did not type it that way. Panjo changed it, for some reason.
    Mouse, could you check yours and see if it's the same as how you typed it, or if it's been changed?
    Last edited by Neyjour; 07-21-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast