Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hyborian Age

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Default The Hyborian Age

My new version of the Hyborian age, much better designed and much more information than the old one. For the location of nations and places I used mainly, but not only, the Hyborian age maps of Vincent N. Darlage, who was so kind to give me permission.
    A hi-res version can be downloaded from my deviantART page.

Done in PS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hyboria New cg.jpg 
Views:	1132 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	72379  

Very impressive, and the dark blues of the ocean do an excellent job of complementing the terrestrial colors. The population clustering in the northwest contrasts with the "empty" terrain to the far east and southeast, clearly unknown lands and barely explored.

I also like the blocks of accent script on the margins, which contribute to the the quasi-mythical mood.

Closer inspection shows there are some apparent numerals mixed in with the lettering, a few 2s and 3s, as well as Greek betas and deltas plus some quasi-Feanorian characters, similar to the Tengwar of Tolkien. Is this something that you worked up, or was it a ready-made font? It has an almost Georgian/Mkhedruli feel, but with different characters.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Great work, as always.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
    Very impressive, and the dark blues of the ocean do an excellent job of complementing the terrestrial colors. The population clustering in the northwest contrasts with the "empty" terrain to the far east and southeast, clearly unknown lands and barely explored.

I also like the blocks of accent script on the margins, which contribute to the the quasi-mythical mood.

Closer inspection shows there are some apparent numerals mixed in with the lettering, a few 2s and 3s, as well as Greek betas and deltas plus some quasi-Feanorian characters, similar to the Tengwar of Tolkien. Is this something that you worked up, or was it a ready-made font? It has an almost Georgian/Mkhedruli feel, but with different characters.
    Thank you!
    The font is Thimfora, you can find it on dafont.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateus090985 View Post
    Great work, as always.
    Thank you!

Beautiful work! This one is going into the Inspiration folder.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Naret Maps's Avatar

Great job. Very detailed and thorough
    My Portfolio

My DeviantArt

No hay un mapa de ruta para la creatividad. La clave es un mapa que sólo puede leer quien sea digno de ella.

Another great map Sap!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Great map Sapiento! It's going directly in my "conan maps" folder... beside another sapiento map .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast