Thread: World Map for DM's Present

Default World Map for DM's Present

TAKEN. Thank you to everyone who responded

Hi all,

Our 3 year long Campaign is coming to and end and was thinking of getting a present for our DM to say thank you for all the hard work he has put in.
    What I would like give him is more professional world map that he could have as a poster or to use in future campaigns as he intends to reuse the world.

Below is the world Map that we are currently using for reference
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Map.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	470.1 KB 
ID:	106023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Serpent Isle .jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	324.3 KB 
ID:	106022

As the members of the group are all still students we do have a limited budget of £200($280) so I'm hoping it would be feasible within that price range.

There is no necessary time limit but would be wonderful to have it completed before University ends (June 201 and we all go our separate ways.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by chetcal; 04-02-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hi Chetcal,

I'd be interested in the task. You can check out my portfolio here or by clicking the links in my signature.

You can't use the PM feature until you've got 5 posts on the forums, so if you like what you see on my sites please feel free to contact me at wolfmaster [at] gmx [dot] net.

In general, you'll get the more replies the more detailed your request post is. Important points are:

-- Size. How large is the map? What are its dimensions (cm/inches/pixels) and desired resolution?
    -- Color or B&W?
    -- Details. What's the level of individual detail you are looking for? This point includes such things like illustrated crests, flags, highly elaborate locations, ornate map borders, etc. As an example, think of the way you'd like to depict a town on your map: you can do it as simple as a dot. But you can also draw, color and fully shade a miniature town.
    -- Style. What kind of style would the you like? (I can be flexible, although it’s advisable that it remains at a style that I’m familiar with.)
    -- Urgency. How urgently is the map needed? (You've got that covered).
    -- Sketch. Providing me with a sketch, no matter how simple, really helps me a lot. (You've also got that covered).
    -- License. What kind of rights do you need? Private use, use on a single book, lifetime global use rights, etc. ... (Private, it seems).

Hi chetcal,

I'd be interested too. You can check my previous works by clicking on the banner below (my deviantart page) and if you like what you see, you can send me an email at the address you'll find there.

Cheers !

Thomas

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Hi Chetcal and welcome to the Guild!

Thomas and Wired have pretty much covered the basics there, and I too would be interested in helping out. You can check out some of my works here: https://tangaboa.deviantart.com/gallery/

And also my most recent piece here: https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...hmentid=106008

Any questions let me know. You can reach me at gshipp [at] lostinmaps [dot] co [dot] uk

Hope to hear from you soon!
    Greg

Hey Chetcal,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Hello everyone,

thank you all for your responses.

the other members of my group and I have contacted one of the people to contact us from this thread and they have accepted our offer